By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is current Wii online offerings better than Super Smash Brothers Brawl

I bought SSBB really looking forward to the online play, but every time I have an online match, it seems very laggy and unresponsive.  I don't think it is me because I have a broadband 7Mbps connection and my computer plays World in Conflict online just fine.  Is more current online games designed any better?

Around the Network

Brawl's online is crappy. Other games (Mario Kart, Medal of Honor, etc.) actually have good online. So don't fear.

Just be pissed at Sakurai for screwing up Brawl...

RolStoppable said:
The crappy online is no big deal for SSBB, it's a bad game anyway.

Please ignore the man quoted on this subject. He has some issues we're trying to sort out for him.

yup took me around 20 mins to find a game online before i decided to sell my wii(i pretty much bought it for galaxy and smash bros)..the online component of the wii is whats the word... DISGUSTINGFUKINPIECEOFCRAP

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Yeah, getting into an anonymous game online in SSBB can take a while at first.

Very sad.

Of course, the rest of us have friends to play with. ^_^

Around the Network

Bomberman Blast on Wiiware has a good online component. Still uses friend codes but it works. No major issues like the ones in Smash Bros.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Yeah, Brawl has pretty much the worst online in the Wii's library--sad because it's by far the best multiplayer game

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

thanks for the input. If I every have money, I may try Mario Kart Wii.

Mario Kart Wii on-line is very good.
SSBB can be good ... but often is not.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

SSBB is still better to play with friends when they are over or if you have friends codes friends. Other then that it is pointless to even "try" to play online.

There are a whole bunch of online games that are good like Mario Kart Wii, Medal of Honor Hero 2, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, EA sports games, and much more in the coming years. Be on the look out