By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I didn't fall in love with LittleBigPlanet...

After seeing everyone who got into the LBP beta and came out loving the game despite their previous reservations, I was really excited for the game and when I finally got a chance play the beta (thanks to USA Today) I was ecstatic.

I played through all the single player levels available and was left unimpressed. The levels were charming and introduced the gameplay in a fun way but the actual platforming fell short for me. I guess I was expecting more than just jumping and holding on to things. Also, I felt the jumps were imprecise and jumping on a small ledge could be a real pain.

To see if it was only a problem with the single player levels, I then went to try some of the user created level. I have to admit some levels were really cool (a MSG1 level comes to mind) but after trying a couple of them I quickly got bored.

I didn't really try the multiplayer aspect of the game because online multiplayer was just an unplayable lag fest. So maybe there's something more there but I don't know...

So am I dead inside or did anybody else fail to fall in love with LittleBigPlanet after the beta?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

tastes differ from a gamer to another :)

LBP s all about the multiplayer. thats why i love it. single player is ok.

Multiplayer aspect, creating levels, playing with friends, having a laugh, playing online meeting other sackboys and girls, trying to beat an impossible stage which requires teemwork.

The reason why i will complete the single player is because you collect items/stickers/materials/mechanics through those levels and have more tools to create your level.

Did you try to create your own levels? Maybe try playing multiplayer even if it is laggy you may like it.

But i agree that the controls can be a little tedius at times, but hopefully they will fix that.

Besides you played the beta which was made to test the multiplayer aspect of the game, which you said yourself you didnt really try out fully so that is where you miss the point of the beta.

Owner of PS3, Wii, Xbox360, NDS, PSP - Feel Free to add me on PSN or XBL :)

You played the User Created content?

I heard servers don't go up until Tuesday.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

No mate I am the same. I was looking forward to the game, but the beta has put me off buying it.

Around the Network

I feel pretty much the same way.

I think I over hyped myself.

After playing the Beta I found that it wasn't my cup of tea.

But like stated above everyone has different tastes.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

sega4life said:

I feel pretty much the same way.

I think I over hyped myself.

After playing the Beta I found that it wasn't my cup of tea.

But like stated above everyone has different tastes.

yea i agree, i didn't like it much

Mr_Tee_ said:
LBP s all about the multiplayer. thats why i love it. single player is ok.

Multiplayer aspect, creating levels, playing with friends, having a laugh, playing online meeting other sackboys and girls, trying to beat an impossible stage which requires teemwork.

The reason why i will complete the single player is because you collect items/stickers/materials/mechanics through those levels and have more tools to create your level.

Did you try to create your own levels? Maybe try playing multiplayer even if it is laggy you may like it.

But i agree that the controls can be a little tedius at times, but hopefully they will fix that.

Besides you played the beta which was made to test the multiplayer aspect of the game, which you said yourself you didnt really try out fully so that is where you miss the point of the beta.

I began creating a level but I had no concept in mind when I started so it ended up being a real mess. I wish I could have tried local multiplayer when the beta was open but no one was around because when I say online multiplayer was unbelievably laggy, it was so bad I couldn't do a simple jump without dying.

Signature goes here!

I liked it, didn't really fall in love with it.

I'll be getting the game but there are too many other games I want first and this is a game I would rather wait a month or two to get so the community can have a chance to build up.

I'm extremely excited for this game.

You are alone in this TruckOSaurus. Metacritic agrees with me too.

If you're not excited about LBP, you're a fake gamer.