By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Battle Arena Toshinden coming to the Wii exclusively

http://www.videogamer.com/news/16-10-2008-9666.html

"According to the latest issue of Famitsu (reported by Kotaku), Takara Tomy is to return to Toshinden, a PlayStation 3D fighter series that debuted in the mid '90s and spawned several sequels. The game was heavily backed by Sony, but quickly forgotten on the arrival of the now much more popular Tekken series. The new game is confirmed for Wii and will feature both weapon and hand-to-hand combat. No release date has been confirmed for the title."

Around the Network

And people say the Wii isn't getting the major franchises!

Here's hoping it turns out alright.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
And people say the Wii isn't getting the major franchises!

Here's hoping it turns out alright.

LOL Maybe Nintendo will do what Sony never cared to do, which is give the game some proper commercialization. For it's time the game was extremely fun.

Toshinden was horrible. Complete and utter crap. The only reason for it's existance was the awesome 3D graphics. Tekken blew it out of the water simply by being an adequate 3d fighter.

Toshinden should stay away, in my opinion.

And this is so much a flamepost I'll have to explain my passionate respons... I was really dissapointed with Toshinden. It was back in the day when 3d was still awesome. I wanted it to be as good as it looked. It wasn't :(

This is invisible text!

I played it in the arcade and it wasn't as good as Soul Edge.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network

Wow. Now Nintendo's stealing Sony's games too? Uh-oh.

I actually thought that Battle Arena Toshinden was pretty cool for it's time.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

theres hasn't been a toshiden game in awhile for a reason

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

URNotE said:
theres hasn't been a toshiden game in awhile for a reason

Maybe because it was a Playstation launch title that seemingly managed to get worse with every sequel?

Yeah.. we already knew it for 2 days now... http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=45358

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

this was a cool game for its time, obviously aged horribly. The game is probably gonna be completely different now, at least you would hope so.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X