By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Altered Obama photo in GOP club newsletter sparks outrage

Okay, I hadn't heard this Hillary line before... and my virus is acting up and won't let me play a video. I gotta reboot and try to watch this. I'm glad I didn't vote for her, hahaha.

EDIT: Okay I watched it.  Uh... I don't know what to say about that one really.  She didn't seem to be hateful when she said it, but it was really fucking weird and out of line.  It was way worse than Biden's line, and she's not as crazy as Biden so I can't cut her slack in the same way.  I have no fucking clue why she said something so stupid.  I guess she's racist enough to think that's funny.  Liberal racists are such a weird paradox.

Around the Network

Lol @ the Hillary video.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

The Ghost of RubangB said:

Okay, I hadn't heard this Hillary line before... and my virus is acting up and won't let me play a video. I gotta reboot and try to watch this. I'm glad I didn't vote for her, hahaha.

EDIT: Okay I watched it.  Uh... I don't know what to say about that one really.  She didn't seem to be hateful when she said it, but it was really fucking weird and out of line.  It was way worse than Biden's line, and she's not as crazy as Biden so I can't cut her slack in the same way.  I have no fucking clue why she said something so stupid.  I guess she's racist enough to think that's funny.  Liberal racists are such a weird paradox.

Not really.  I mean there is two kinds of racism.

I mean lets take Joe Biden for example.

Who said Washington had a worse school system then Iowa because their are more minorities in washington.  People like that believe minorties "need help" to get to where white people are.

As sad as it is.  The difference between a liberal and conservative racist is your opinion on "trainability".

Well that and your opinions on fiscal policy, other personal freedoms. (since the repubs and dems actually split this.), abortion... etc.

Kasz216 said:

Yep Republicans are the only racists.

It must of been a republican that said

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent."

I wonder who said

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy…”

Some republican probably. No wait that was Joe Biden again.

Joe Biden is the most racist person in this campaign when it comes to the people up top.

The Indian comment was definitely racists. However, I do not take offense to the articulate comment. I am offended when someone calls me boy but Joe grew up in a different time, different age and I will give him a pass on the Obama comment - but not on the Indian comment. Good call.

@ Rocket Pig

What I am saying is - there is no way New Orleans could have evacuated that many folks in that short amount of time. The SuperDome IS a fallout shelter. Had supplies been dropped to the folks there, they would have been fine. However, folks that tried to walk out over a bridge were turned away or shot. They were treated like second-class citizens. Was it their fault that they couldn't leave? The city is already under sea level, and to order a mandatory evacuation - and nada happens - who would foot that bill? Based on that - and the fact that the SuperDome is a nuclear fallout shelter - all the folks in N.O. needed were supplies. Drop them in by helo - or use amphibous tanks or ships to get the supplies in. I agree with you, Pig, that Bush and Co. messed up. And yeah, in retrospect, Blanco and Nagin share some blame - but not as much as the CINC.

Edit: About 'people like you.' You (and your *people*) have it great, man. My people, not so much. Just 40 years ago, my people, not yours, were strung up and we had to fight for the right to vote, and not worry about being lynched. Please, let's not go there.

rocketpig said:
Oh fuck me sideways. The old "you'll never understand because you're not black" line.

Next time, try applying it to something involving race. Nice way to bring in racist cops and other shit that has nothing to do with what I'm saying to bolster your argument.

I said that Bush & Co fucked up after Katrina. I don't know anyone that thinks otherwise. My point, and the point of many others, is that those people shouldn't have been there in the first place and that it's the New Orleans' and Louisiana's job to evacuate the people first and secure the shelters for those that can't leave. The local governments failed mserably at that. Yet people like you want to ignore that and blame EVERYTHING on Bush. He deserves a lot of blame for fucking up FEMA but let's be reasonable and split the blame for that mess fairly.

"You people"? 

But seriously, I'm perfectly aware that local preparations were inadequate and Nagin was slow to give the evacuation order, etc. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

The screw ups in New Orleans weren't directly linked to racism of W. just incompetence BUT because the victims were black the pressure from other people around him was absent.

I'm not saying that Republicans are racists, as Rubang said, their dislike of poor people (in non-election years) makes them seem that way.

What is upsetting about this "Buck" is that there are GOPers in CA that are saying she shouldn't have apologized (see page 1). She refuses to admit that it's wrong, she apologized if it offended any one and said it was in poor taste.

We all slip up and get our foot in our mouths sometime. It's okay to say some things in some places but not in others. Some times a slight change in degree changes something from insensitive or distasteful to racist.

And there is a difference between racism and ignorance. Joe Biden's comment was about diversity, poorly worded and insensitive (because he is an idiot). It wasn't meant as an insult or even a joke.

This was a racist joke. Not the same thing.

The John McCain Robocaller saying Obama "has worked closely with domestic terrorist Bill Ayers, whose organization bombed the U.S. Capitol, the Pentagon, a judge's home and killed Americans." Many GOPers either denounce it or are disconnecting themselves from it because McCain is race baiting people who are afraid of brown people.

This isn't a joke, it's a type of connection that is barely questioned in any other candidate, and not by the opposing candidate himself.

The reason I bring it up... is the behavior of McCain and the campaign directly encorages the racism seen in that email newsletter.

I think it's a shame, whether he wins or loses, that John McCain will go down in history for running a racist campaign. The fact that he thinks it will work shows that he is completely out of touch.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

What is sad is that Republican supporters in this thread justify the racism of their party by pointing out that they aren't the only racists. Just because Biden might be racist doesn't make it ok.......pathetic.

madskillz said:
Kasz216 said:

Yep Republicans are the only racists.

It must of been a republican that said

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent."

I wonder who said

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy…”

Some republican probably. No wait that was Joe Biden again.

Joe Biden is the most racist person in this campaign when it comes to the people up top.

The Indian comment was definitely racists. However, I do not take offense to the articulate comment. I am offended when someone calls me boy but Joe grew up in a different time, different age and I will give him a pass on the Obama comment - but not on the Indian comment. Good call.

@ Rocket Pig

What I am saying is - there is no way New Orleans could have evacuated that many folks in that short amount of time. The SuperDome IS a fallout shelter. Had supplies been dropped to the folks there, they would have been fine. However, folks that tried to walk out over a bridge were turned away or shot. They were treated like second-class citizens. Was it their fault that they couldn't leave? The city is already under sea level, and to order a mandatory evacuation - and nada happens - who would foot that bill? Based on that - and the fact that the SuperDome is a nuclear fallout shelter - all the folks in N.O. needed were supplies. Drop them in by helo - or use amphibous tanks or ships to get the supplies in. I agree with you, Pig, that Bush and Co. messed up. And yeah, in retrospect, Blanco and Nagin share some blame - but not as much as the CINC.

No worries, sir. Hopefully, we'll have new leadership come January.

We did it just fine for Gustav.

One of the main issues keeping proper aid from getting to New Orleans in a timely fashion was Gov. Blanco.  States Rights, as decimated as they are these days, do still exist, and Bush couldn't just start shipping tons of crap into Louisiana left and right.

It was up to Blanco to call up the Louisiana National Guard.  It was up to Blanco to request the aid of the Texas Nation Guard (which she eventually did, but my gosh did it take her long enough), and it was up to Blanco to okay certain assistance from the Federal Government.

Bush was in Southern Lousiana immediately after the storm, and he asked Nagin what, in his opinion, would be necesarry for the people in the Superdome.  Nagin responded, and from there Bush went to Blanco, who asked if she could think about the matter for a day or two.

Bush, Blanco, and Nagin all messed things up royally, but Blanco was the chief offender, imo.  Nagin was inexperienced, and Bush's errors were rather indirect (as Final-Fan said, turning FEMA into a joke), but Blanco made utterly stupid errors left and right during the days immediately following Katrina.

And then there's the millions in relief money that got tied up in Baton Rouge for months after the fact.

Just can't let go of that race card, can you?

When I said "people like you", I was referring to partisan Democrats. Ugh.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Florida GOP Fundraiser Sends Email Joke about Killing Barack and Michelle Obama

This is bad on so many levels — and it certainly should neutralize John McCain’s fake outrage of being compared to George Wallace by Civil Rights hero, Rep. John Lewis:

Al Austin, a longtime, high-level Republican fundraiser from Tampa, today sent to his list of political contacts an e-mail containing a joke that refers to the assassination of Barack Obama…

The joke concerns a group of schoolchildren discussing the definition of “tragedy” as opposed to “great loss” or “accident.” The punch line comes when one child says that if an airplane carrying Obama and his wife, Michelle, “was struck by a ‘friendly fire’ missile and blown to smithereens,” the event might be a tragedy “because it certainly wouldn’t be a great loss, and it probably wouldn’t be an accident either.”

Austin acknowledged sending the e-mail to his list of political contacts but said he forwarded it without fully reading it and didn’t know what it said. That list included at least two reporters.

Austin, a prominent real estate developer long known as one of the state’s leading Republican campaign fundraisers, has served in recent years as finance chairman for both the national and state Republican parties.

On top of everything else, the joke is not funny. More evidence, if any were needed, that conservatives are born without the sense of humor gene.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.