By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 video game theme's (Srewattack).

konnichiwa said:

@Disolitude: Thx then =p.

@SHMUPGurus:  Great list but I prefer this song though from KH:

*Still gives me goosebumps*.

Haha, yeah. You're right. You know it took me about a year to figure out that there was a trailer that would play when you didn't press any button on the title screen for a certain period of time? xD

Man, I just love video game music.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

Agreed with number 1, Zelda's theme is the best

Their list is great. It really shows what a lot of gamers think to be the greatest themes. As for myself, there's only the Secret of Mana theme that would make the list of my favorite songs. I admit that Chrono Trigger should have a song though. That game and Secret of Mana have the best soundtracks ever.

@those that said that they are Nintendo fanboys... To be honest, most of their themes the pre-Playstation era so it's hard to call them fanboys...

It's a bit sad because soundtracks used to be much better. In modern games, few have a very good soundtrack. The only that comes to my mind are Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl (however, most songs are remixes of classics...), FFX, Lost Odyssey and the Phoenix Wright games.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

I thought it was a decent list overall, but no way in hell did it represent the absolute best 10 game themes ever.

Nothing from F-Zero, Chrono Trigger (although they did include Secret of Mana which is just as good i suppose), the choice for DKC was horrible (no Bramble or Aquatic theme?!? WTF??) And... no Castlevania... seriously, WTF?!? Simon's and Richter's themes are all time classics and some of the best pieces of game music ever!

It was nice of them to throw in some more obscure stuff like the moon theme from Duck Tales, but if you're gonna start going into obscure, niche titles like that, then it was absolutely criminal of them to overlook the Ys series. That series still to this day has some of the most kick-ass music ever and has been redone and remixed countless times! Check out my game music playlist from Imeem.com on my sig to see for yourself some of the themes I'm talking about!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

This list is missing vortex

Around the Network

YAY! Zelda as number one! ^^

That theme will always be the synonym of gaming to me.

There are some game themes that I like and aren't there but I think they mostly focused on old ones because they have a certain charm that can't be replaced by real instruments.

Also, many gamers started playing in those times and it brings back some nostalgic feelings.

i like mario theme better then the zelda one..

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

I like the Mario theme also more than the zelda one.

leo-j said:
I wonder why they are all Nintendo games....oh right screw attack is all about nintendo.

or maybe Nintendo makes good theme's

Hmmm, I was thinking about this list and realized they didn't have Star Fox in it at all??