By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Golden Axe Review- ouch

I wasnt too impressed with the trailers, it looked like it might be bad. Looks like IGN made it a reality.

Around the Network

Hey Sega, at least you still got Sonic Unleashed and Yakuza 3! ;)

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

i was planing on getting this game aswell, i am going to wait for other reviews before i dismiss it fully. Well at least i can scratch one game of my very big list, and the deductions begin.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I'm getting it. The main character intrigues me.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
pbroy said:
I'm getting it. The main character intrigues me.

What exactly ''intrigues'' you? Huh? HUH?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

Once again, Sega gets demolished by the critics. I liked Golden Axe. It has to be better than Sega's Golden Compass, doesn't it?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I watched the interviews for this game and honestly these people didn't get why the original was good. They think they got it. They talked about the elements that made the original good, but when you saw the system in play none of it matched up. They even said they didn't wan't to re-invision but capture the old vision. Well it was more than clear what they were making was not in line with the vision. When your making a game of some elses vision you will fail. If you make a remake with your own vision you end up with a new game.

This game had fail all over it. Even outside of the review scores. It has next to nothing of the original.

No multiplayer, is not accesible to values of the gamers that made the first so good. Instead this is a beast riding God of War. This game is more flash than content. Golden didn't have flash, it had relativly shallow basic mechanics, but it's the over all package that made the game. This is one of those cases where they thought they new better.

What they should have done was make a classic 2/3d side scroller that was multiplayer. Focus on the simplicity of game play.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

^^ And in that video, the guys that loved Golden Axe back then were full of shit!! The game was 30 minutes long. They acted like it was Street Fighter Il or something. "Spent my whole college career in the arcades playing Golden Axe"? Yeah, right. My 7 year old and I beat it with less than 5 continues on Xbla. I still had high hopes for the new version, though. Oh well, guess Lara Croft has to carry my "strong female lead" urges on her healthy boobs, this year.

This game got Haze-ed...lol

Anyone interested??? I recommend approaching VIA rental first....

4 ≈ One