By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Golden Axe Review- ouch

I don't get how so many review scores can end up so much lower than the sum average of the various subscores? Always confounded me.

Presentation: 5
Graphics: 4
Sound:4
Gameplay: 3
Lasting Appeal: 4

Total: 4 by my calculation, but they give it a 3.2... wtf?

Seen the same in in cd reviews where they give grades for every song, read one the other day where there were 12 songs that got one 3, three 4's and the rest 5's. The CD as a whole got a 3 on the dice and it makes no sense to me. Anyone in the loop know about how this works?

Around the Network

someone needs to buy sega and then fire everyone

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

God Hand'd.

outlawauron said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Hey Sega, at least you still got Sonic Unleashed, Valkyria Chronicles, and Yakuza 3! ;)

I know it just slipped your mind......

Oh, is Sega just publishing though?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

How sad. I was actually interested in this game.

The video previews had me somewhat excited, but I believe my exact words at the time were "looks interesting, but I'll still have to wait for the reviews to determine if the game doesn't completely suck."

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
someone needs to buy sega and then fire everyone

I think that would be far too generous and humane...

I would make everyone play their games for a month straight before I fired them.  Just so they experience how bad their stuff really is.

$27 million was not very well spent on Golden Axe...  There are a lot of Indie developers that could make masterpieces with $27 million.  It seems like Sega is talent searching in Antarctica for developers and development houses.  Either that, or it is just a big joke they are playing on their investors.  I would have sold stock if I had any in Sega after the last Sonic was released.