By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official September NPD Thread (Data at 6:30 PM EST ~4 hours from now)

Actually, WiiStation360, most of the said consoles were undertracked in some way or another....X360 was low since NPD only covers the USA.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

WOW 360 overtracked big time

so it didn;t outsell Ps3 by that much WW all the time in those weeks

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Gobias said:
360 overtracking was pretty much expected. It did well though, not well enough for 199$, but well.

let it begin

As always, thanks to NPD for their cooperation

HW Sales
PlayStation 2 173.5K
PlayStation 3 232.4K
PSP 238.1K
Xbox 360 347.2K
Wii 687.0K
Nintendo DS 536.8K

I thought Star Wars would sell more on PS3 than Wii after seeing how it sold in UK where PS3 and Wii have a similar hardware ratio to US.

Around the Network

Wow 360 25% Overtracked

mrstickball said:
Actually, WiiStation360, most of the said consoles were undertracked in some way or another....X360 was low since NPD only covers the USA.

Unless you are talking about software as well, the DS and 360 are still overtracked after multiplying by .9.  Not by much mind you, but they aren't undertracked.

Interesting to see how big the gap was between the PS3 and Wii versions of TFU.  VGC has them practically equal, while NPD has the PS3 45% higher.

BKK2 said:
I thought Star Wars would sell more on PS3 than Wii after seeing how it sold in UK where PS3 and Wii have a similar hardware ratio to US.

You thought right, just look closer

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

Who wants some popcorn this thread can become good...

Former something....

Not bad. I'd say we did pretty good this month by comparison.