By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If this does not make you fall in love with Wii music nothing will

So, is it possible to create your own music with this or can you only do different variations of the soundtracks in the game?

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

Around the Network

This was great. Definitely want to pick this up now.

RDBRaptor said:
So, is it possible to create your own music with this or can you only do different variations of the soundtracks in the game?

That's a two sided question but both are related. It "appears" it uses the frame work of existing music, but you get to make it sound quite different with some creative work, or don't try and change it and get to play a perfect copy of the original music

So I guess you could say you create your "own" music, but in a way it's a variation on existing themes.. sorry if that was confusing, until we play it we wont really know I guess

Has my interest more than the next big holiday space marine shooter.

Rab said:
RDBRaptor said:

That's a two sided question but both are related. It "appears" it uses the frame work of existing music, but you get to make it sound quite different with some creative work, or don't try and change it and get to play a perfect copy of the original music

So I guess you could say you create your "own" music, but in a way it's a variation on existing themes.. sorry if that was confusing, until we play it we wont really know I guess

I think there's also a freestyle mode. You pick the instrument and can either play solo or have a band back you up. I'm not sure if you can decide what instruments the band has or what style of music they play.

You can see it around 4:20 in this video:

http://www.irwebcasting.com/081002/52/5232b47438/lijasf39ho8w_hi.html

You can't decide what notes it plays, so it's still not really creating your own song. It does give you more freedom though.

Around the Network
Rab said:

Ok more from this guy, now he is talking about controlling volume and pitch, justs gets better

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=MwxSJ1h8OMk&NR=1

Wow, that looks awesome. There is a lot more depth here than I thought. It's changed my opinion on the game.

I guess it shows how much Nintendo botched their E3 presentation.

Thanks for the video. It has finally given me a bit of an understanding of what this game is about.

Firstly, i have to commend Nintendo again on its polish and interface. Nintendo knows how to make games, and i must commend what they have managed to do with the sound whereby the possible number of arrangements is huge even for a single song.

Having said that, what i am really missing is a reward system for playing. All Nintendo games seems to have a hook, or a strong reward system for extensive play. Yet this game seems to be completely lacking this. There is no competition, no point system, and no real goal; i.e. no reward for coming back to play more.
I don't know of any other game that can boast having no purpose whatsoever, as it pretty much undermines the basic foundation of a game. Nintendo even promotes the fact that there is no goal to achieve with this game. But will people get this concept?

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Picked up my copy of Wii Music today, and went through all 15 lessons for the drum set tonight. Some of the lessons were more difficult than I expected, but I think I'll get all of them perfect with a bit more practice. Also, I was having trouble with the hi-hat pedal (using the balance board); keeping the hi-hat closed was fine, but whenever I would try to keep it open, it would often close unexpectedly when I stepped on the bass drum pedal. Not sure yet if that is a calibration problem or if I just need to fix my technique.

After only about an hour of playing so far, I can say it definitely seems more fun than I had expected. (I've always been looking forward to the drum set mode, but had become a bit apprehensive about the other modes recently.) I was a bit surpised at how fun it can be to play keyboard-type instruments (including marimba, etc.).

In some ways, I think Wii Music is going to prove more difficult than Guitar Hero, et. al. (Matt's video on IGN is evidence of that, I believe.)
Having said that, I can certainly understand why Wii Music doesn't appeal to fans of GH and RB. They are very different approaches to music games.

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

@ramuji

Can you play the same song using different instruments and then combine all the ones that you played into 1?
Something like 4 people playing at once but you play them 1 at a time and then combine.

Another Wii Music thread!!! Fantastic!!!

Okay I have to admit that this doesn't actually look to bad. I am actually kind of pissed off at Nintendo for this. Nintendo has made me waste my energy directing so much hatred to something that may actually be good.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down