By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you have a Wii but never bought a Gamecube?

BenKenobi88 said:
You guys should really pick up some of the great GC games out there....Smash Bros, Mario Sunshine, Pikmin, Rogue Squadron, Zelda Wind Waker, Metroid, etc.

I have already picked up 26 games for it.

Basically, almost all are must-have 1st Party Games (Wonder Why?) with the exception of Killer 7, Beyond Good & Evil, Soul Calibur 2, and Resident Evil 4. 

I have seen the entire library, and the only other games I plan on getting is Battalion Wars and Geist. 

Around the Network

didnt have gc but mite get wii soon

games looking foward too metroid prime 3 super smash bros and more

sony and nintendo supporter

i  do not trust microsoft they screwed me over the last time with vista

DonWii said:
BenKenobi88 said:
You guys should really pick up some of the great GC games out there....Smash Bros, Mario Sunshine, Pikmin, Rogue Squadron, Zelda Wind Waker, Metroid, etc.

I have already picked up 26 games for it.

Basically, almost all are must-have 1st Party Games (Wonder Why?) with the exception of Killer 7, Beyond Good & Evil, Soul Calibur 2, and Resident Evil 4.

I have seen the entire library, and the only other games I plan on getting is Battalion Wars and Geist.

Savor Beyond Good and Evil... such an amazing game.

I had a Wii but never owned a gamecube. I sold my Wii because I never used it, and because I could still make a profit off it.

The Wii is just not my cup of tea.

I bought a PS2 shortly after it came out last gen, I was with Nintendo up until college , the N64 didn't appeal to me very much so I never bought it (I sooo wanted one up until the day I played it). I had disregarded the Gamecube until I saw a refurbed one in Zellers (back when they were still going for 200$ Canadian, I got mine for 120$). I have aprox 45 games on the PS2 and 40 games on the Cube now... The Cube was the much better purchase for me. I played it pretty well non stop, I have plenty of PS2 games which I bought but never played (due to the cube sucking up all my game time). Great little system, so much fun :) I probably would have completely skipped over the Cube had it not been sitting in a dark corner screaming for some love. It was the first system I ever bought on a whim... I have a Wii now and have no plans in getting a PS3 or 360 anytime soon.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

owed all Nintendo consoles dating back to NES. Highly recomend the Pikmin games (1 and 2). Pick up Gladius as well (though it is also available for Xbox and PS2.

Cubivore is a rare game that has a cetain amount of intrique about it. I have yet to find a copy for less than $40 so I have not bought it.

Wow, I didn't expect these results, no wonder Wii is doing so well.

Wii is the first Nintendo home console I bought.

Funnily enough, I got a GameCube AFTER the Wii, mainly though for the controllers and the memory card since I couldn't find them anywhere, it also came with a bunch of good games. It's also useful for when the big TV that the Wii is on is taken

So I don't really know what the answer to the original question is. The GC was also a present, so technically I never "bought" it 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I didn't get a GC. Like many other people I got a PS and then PS2. The PS2 was mostly just a DVD player since most of my gaming was on the GBA (Hot Shots and Tiger Woods being the exceptions). I bought a NDS when it came out and did not think that I would be buying a console for a few years (I don't buy consoles to play FPS anymore).

I thought I was getting out of gaming in front of the TV but the Wii sucked me back in!