By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Tremble said:
Well... japan=amelie nothomb=amelie's father=belgian embassy=Belgium I dunno what you mean woopah =p BTW are all belgians from flanders lol?

I think so I dont think franstaligen visit english websites.
Since we are at such force I suggest we take over VGchartz

How can you possibly misspell QWERTY? It's spelled correctly on the damn keyboard.

Around the Network

@ tremble

i mean that this was a thread about low console sales in japan and now its on the belgian econamy

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

woopah said:
@ tremble

i mean that this was a thread about low console sales in japan and now its on the belgian econamy

Actually it's not that much derailed. The OP was saying that Japan is over as a main market, and now people are discussing whether other markets may decrease too, which could make Japan as big as before (relatively speaking).

This Christmas will be interesting to watch. Many retailers are forecasting lower Christmas sales, hopefully this won't affect the games market.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Sylvarantinc said:
Tremble said:
Well... japan=amelie nothomb=amelie's father=belgian embassy=Belgium I dunno what you mean woopah =p BTW are all belgians from flanders lol?

I think so I dont think Francophones visit english websites.
Since we are at such force I suggest we take over VGchartz

=p  to fix it..No idea if he understand franstaligen and how to say it in English ...

Also copper prices have fallen which is a commodity that is related to electronics -- video gaming.

http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/afx/2006/11/17/afx3185276.html

This is all also just dealing with the current crisis. A lot of this stimulus is inflationary which might be a problem down the road.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

Around the Network

WOW

this thread is a nice ray of hope in these gloomy days isn't it!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

theRepublic said:
konnichiwa said:
theRepublic said:

@Ajax

GDP and unemployment rates are better indicators of economic health than just looking at stock markets.

TOKYO, Sept. 12 -- Japan's Gross Domestic Product (GDP)registered an annualized 3.0 percent decrease in real terms in the April-June quarter, down from a 2.4 percent fall in the preliminary report, the Cabinet office said Friday.

In nominal terms, the Japanese economy went down 0.8 percent from the previous quarter, or 3.3 percent on an annualized basis, in the second quarter of 2008, the government body said.

GDP is the total market value of the goods and services produced domestically during a specific period of time. Real GDP figures are adjusted for changes in the value of money or assessed by purchasing power.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-09/12/content_9937072.htm

Exactly my point. These are the numbers we should be looking at, not the NIkkei. From these numbers we can see that Japan is indeed in a recession/depression and has been since April.

I'm sure if we look at the GDP further back, it will show that Japan was not in a depression for the last 20 years like Ajax said.

After 40 years of economic expansion and the "bubble" of the 80´s, the 90´s were hard times for Japan. Since 2003, japanese economy has been pretty healthy, with GDP increases between 2% and 3% annually. That period of expansion has ended with the recent global crisis. At least, it seems that there is no mayor jp companies affected by the US credit crunch.

(Unemployment in Japan is at 4,2% at the moment)

DMeisterJ said:
Microsoft deserves to have Metal Gear Solid 4 on their platform given these PS3 sales.

:'(

Don't rush the gun. The PS3 is expensive, and that does not go well with the state of the Japanese economy. Also, the 80gb is right around the corner. Why buy the 40gb?

Wii+360+PS3:

Japan:   21.647+7.124+5.900      = 34.671

Others: 145.459+66.637+66.386 = 278.482

Japan is about 12.5 percent the size of this ominous "Others"...

Afghanistan + Iraq the new gaming hub?

Lol Ik begrijp "franstaligen" maar mijn nederlands is slecht dus ... t'is engels voor mij And "francophone" is just french speaker, or something like that I guess.