By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - just got component cables, not making a difference

thranx said:
hope it works, i want to get component cable for mine but have not yet

I bought mine on ebay for 6 USD.  Worth it.

Around the Network
Tuanniez said:
I got component for mine. Its sharper, but for some games, and in my case, SMG looks more jagged. Its kinda distracting because its so much more apparent with components. Least the GC games look better =D.

I think the component cables are definitely worth it. I also have a HD LCD. Galaxy will always be kind of jaggy, but for most games it's awesome.

For me it really depends on the GC game though, for example: Resident Evil Remake looks stunning, but Eternal Darkness I had to switch back to Scart.

Anyway, best thing is that I can play all these classic games on my TV, cause connecting a SNES or PS1 to a HD TV will result in insta-blindness. VC FTW!

OK. Soooo.

Tried every game I have to see the difference. Much more playable...but a far cry from awesome or stunning. But much happier now. Consider this thread now closed...again. :)

I have a 23" SDTV for my PS1, SNES and N64. But I still play PS1 games on the PS2 (which is connected with components to the LCD) sometimes and they still look decent i rekon.

I haven't tried all my GC games on the Wii yet, but the ones I did looked fine. I don't actually play my wii much anymore, its just gathering dust =(.

Well it makes a huge difference on my 116" screen (1080p projector).

I always wonder why people say that console gathering dust... you people never clean your room??

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

BTW I have found that my playstation 1 games upscaled and running on the ps3 look much better then on the ps2 with component cables.

^^^agreed. At 1st, PS2 games looked horrible on my PS3, even with the proper settings. I bought Space Channel 5: Special Edition for my kid (again), and it was BEAUTIFUL! I went back and played a ton of PS2 greats. Must've been the side effect of an unknown update.