By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you own Saint- Row 2?

Saints Row 2 looks awesome. Comes out here tomorrow.

The first one was GREAT.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I honestly see nothing wrong with the game, but that's not me criticing it, If I did I'd spend my time looking for the negative aspects, instead I'm playing through it. ;)

The game is good, I'm not certain if it's worth $60 yet though as I just started playing it.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Supernova82 said:
GTA IV is the first GTA game I have ever played and it was a great game.

Exactly what I thought. I'm not bashing GTA IV because it is a really good game, but it's just weird and too realistic in comparison with any GTA game before.

Barozi said:
I have it and I've completed it. (story wise)
If you want to play a true GTA III sequel then you must buy Saints Row 2.

Supernova82 probably never played any GTA before IV.

Best GTA "clone" ever and it's more fun than GTA IV. Trust me

Oh and before I forget. One of the gangs are ninjas and when you finally beat them, you can select their ninja outifit for your own gang.

Actually you don't have to defeat the Ronin to get the Ninja outfits for your gang. You get that from whichever gang you defeat first.

On topic I loved the realism of GTAIV but Saints Row is just way more fun. There's so much more to do that you can't get bored. Last night I played for about four hours and all I did was the Demolition Derby and the Fight Club. Plus it's cool that you get the Derby cars to drive in the street once you beat it.
Honestly I think knew no matter how good Saints Row 2 was it couldn't get better scores than GTAIV mainly because everyone on the hype train gave it a perfect score. This game is better than GTA where it counts and that's the fun factor. If your not the type to really end a game like this then you will enjoy this game because unlike GTA the whole map is open from the start.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

starcraft said:

The first one was GREAT.

According to starcraft any game exclusive to XBox 360 is GREAT.

Around the Network
Supernova82 said:
starcraft said:

The first one was GREAT.

IT was meant to come to the PS3 as well, didn't stop it being great.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Supernova82 said:
starcraft said:

The first one was GREAT.

Great is overdoing it ;..It was for sure good;..Not +9 material though.

dib8rman said:
I hate GTAIV as it gives me motion sickness when I play it. I can't stand how annoyingly obvious the monotony is. Saints Row 2 I just purchased due to your question; (I bought it yesterday) I've completed 6 story missions and I enjoy the linear aspects of the game, the side mission like causing havoc was cool to do, the other side mission about dressing like a cop and gunning down people who have their hands up for ressisting arrest was hilarious. By far the funniest was the medical fraud one where you toss yourself in front of on coming traffic for cash.

So far I see nothing wrong with the game outside of the camera angle control.

i think i'll trade gta4 for this on kijiji, what you describe just got me in hype mode

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Goddbless said:
Barozi said:

Oh and before I forget. One of the gangs are ninjas and when you finally beat them, you can select their ninja outifit for your own gang.

Actually you don't have to defeat the Ronin to get the Ninja outfits for your gang. You get that from whichever gang you defeat first.

On topic I loved the realism of GTAIV but Saints Row is just way more fun. There's so much more to do that you can't get bored. Last night I played for about four hours and all I did was the Demolition Derby and the Fight Club. Plus it's cool that you get the Derby cars to drive in the street once you beat it.
Honestly I think knew no matter how good Saints Row 2 was it couldn't get better scores than GTAIV mainly because everyone on the hype train gave it a perfect score. This game is better than GTA where it counts and that's the fun factor. If your not the type to really end a game like this then you will enjoy this game because unlike GTA the whole map is open from the start.

Oh well guess I was wrong here. Anyway what do you think of the "Soprano" achievement ?

Barozi said:
Goddbless said:
Barozi said:

Oh well guess I was wrong here. Anyway what do you think of the "Soprano" achievement ?

I'm not sure how you get them to sing but I'm happy I got the achievement. I was just in a plane flying around listening to the radio and he started to sing. Things like that show me they put a lot of work into this game.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo