By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Have you bought any games you wouldn't usually because of the Wii remote?

So far I have bought:

Godfather

Resident Evil 4

Scarface

Types of games I would never have bought if it wasn't for the Wii remote as I hated using the usual controllers to aim weapons.

I find it so much easier and natural to play with the Wii remote and nunchuk, I wouldn't want to go back to any other control system.

.....Plus not having to have 2 hands on one controller, you can scratch your arse without letting go!! :0P

Edit: Yea I forgot Excite truck, another game I would never of bought.

Around the Network

not at all. i've been thinking about buying the RE4 port, even though i own the GC version, only cause im such a fanboy

Well I didn't buy Wii Sports but I would never have played it without the Wii remote. Also any of the rail shooters coming out I would not buy if they didn't have the Wii remote.

I've bought a Wii because of the remote, and I expect good wiimote support in every game that I buy. The remote actually got me back to console gaming from PC gaming.

That said, I got Godfather because of superb remote support. RE4 solely because it was a good game that I missed since I skipped the previous generation of consoles.

Wii # 4594 3226 7132 0861 (please PM me your if you add me, so I can add you too!)

Taltosh

I guess you could count RE4:Wii, but I hadn't ever played it so I don't really think that counts.

I did buy Harry Potter: The Order of the Phoenix specifically for the control scheme and I've been enjoying the little I've played of it so far despite its problems.

Around the Network

Not yet, but ill buy a golf game sometime. Perhaps tiger woods 08, and i hated every golf game i tried before Wii golf.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

I don't really like golf games or normal sports games in general, but I had to get Tiger Woods just because of the Wiimote. Hopefully the next one more refined. I also like Madden 07 a lot. The Wiimote made the game new again. I highly suggest getting RE4 for the Wii, it is by far the best version.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

That's an interesting question.

I was kind of sick of console games period until the Wii came out. Almost everything I've bought have been games I wouldn't have played if they were for 360 and just looked better/were longer (Red Steel, Monkey Ball, Marvel, RE4, WarioWare).

I don't play racers and I liked playing ExciteTruck a bunch, too.

The only GTA-ish game I ever liked was the "original," GTAIII, but I'd like to try Godfather/Bully. And Harry Potter.

I guess Wii Play & Raving Rabbids.
I never played the GC or PS2 RE4 so this seemed like a good time.
I'm kind of bending on getting MP8 after playing it at a friends. I have an older gamecube version so was thinking of waiting till the next which would hopefully have online.
I'll be buying a baseball & tennis game because of the remote. I hate sports games so wanting these is quite an accomplishment. I'll also likely get that Rockstar Table Tennis game. As for golf, I want a minigolf game.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

WiiPlay, Elebits, RE4 I bought for the Wii Remote. If Twilight Princess had been a Gamecube-only title, I would've bought it anyway, but the remote makes aiming MUCH cooler.