By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your top 5 Zelda games.

Ocarina of Time: still play this about every year or so. Still great. Still a masterpiece

Majora's Mask: Great music and great atmosphere

A Link to the Past: many memories of playing this as a kid, great music and great fun.

Twilight Princess: This and WW are close but TP is great due to the gameplay and the amount of stuff to do, didn't think the music was as good as other games in the series though. Had really fun gameplay.

Wind Waker: very original and good music. Just too tedious in some parts and a little on the short side.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Around the Network

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Twilight Princess (aiming the bow etc. was nice with the wii mote)
3. A Link to the Past
4. The Legend of Zelda (NES)
5. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

1. A Link to the Past
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Twilight Princess
4. The Legend of Zelda
5. Majora's Mask

A Link to the Past has always been the pinnacle of Zelda for me, and perhaps gaming in general. I still have a tough time deciding between that and Ocarina, but LttP always seems to edge it out.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

1. A Link to the Past

2. Minnish Cap

3. Oracle of Ages/seasons

4. The Legend of Zelda NES

5. Windwaker

1. Ocarina of Time.

Reason: It has everything. I'm playing it now, and it is far superior to most Wii games. If it was retail, and was exactly as it is today, it would still be in the top 15 best Wii games. My favourite game ever. 

2. Twilight Princess

Reason: This game is the best in the series in pure quality, but OoT was far better for its time. The reason it beats all the other Zeldas, save for OoT, is that it has the... I don't know... Nintendo touch? By that I mean that it is happy, and you never have to do anything boring. I'm also amazed at how good this game looks. Sure, the textures aren't that impressive, but how far you can see, and how great Link looks - well, it still has one of my top 5 favourite looks for Wii games.

The music is pure awesomeness. It just makes me happy, and I simply love it. My 3rd favourite game for music (OoT being 1).

Innovativity. Despite people saying it was OoT all over again, I don't feel it is. It has a totally new aspect to the story (and after reading Khuutra's post, it just becomes even better), and the gameplay is incredibly improved. New items, and a whole new way to fight with the sword, giving lots more possible tactics.

3. Wind Waker.

Great game, but nowhere near as good as OoT/TP. It is essentially OoT again, except for the overworld being incredibly dull, with relatively bad music, and long times with doing nothing, and a new wrap of coat for the graphics. Has some good ideas, but the improvements are nowhere as large as they are up to TP.

4. Majora's Mask.

Is pretty awesome overall, and the masks just rock. Still, the day limit completely destroys the game for me. I mean, I've helped 20 people, and the next day they're all miserable again? Simply makes me sad.

5. None.

The other games in the series are simply nowhere close to the 4 above in quality, and putting one of the 2D ones here is a disgrace to the 4 above.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

1) Wind Waker

2) Ocarina of Time

3) Twilight Princess

4) Phantom Hourglass

5) Link to the Past

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

1) Ocarina of Time
2) A Link to the PAst
3) WindWaker
4) Twilight Princess
5) The Legend of Zelda