By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Y DO SOME PEOPLE H8 SONY???????????????

I want to fel8 you.

Around the Network

stop mastb8ing to this thrd

And more importantly, why do some people hate one another based on religion, race or sexual preference? People will always find a reason to let minor differences divide one another needlessly. Fanboyism is just one of many unhealthy expressions of humanity's capacity for self-destruction.

I see a lot of comments called hate, but hate is a very strong word.

I hate Osama Bin Laden. I hate slavery. I hate serial killers.

But when you use hate to describe someone who expresses doubt or skepticism, it doesn't really convey the true sentiment.

For example I have doubts that google will be able to grow it's business. Does that make me a google hater? Of course not. But if I say that about Sony, that makes me a hater.

It's just silly to use the word hate so glibly. It's a real sign of immaturity.

FishyJoe said:

But when you use hate to describe someone who expresses doubt or skepticism, it doesn't really convey the true sentiment.

For example I have doubts that google will be able to grow it's business. Does that make me a google hater? Of course not. But if I say that about Sony, that makes me a hater.

It's just silly to use the word hate so glibly. It's a real sign of immaturity.

Come on Fishy, stop Hatin' on H8'n

Around the Network

What is it about Sony fanboys and words? Has years of punching squares, circles, triangles and X's rendered it impossible for them to write a thought without resorting to idiotic symbols?

FishyJoe said:

I hate beets and people who don't own up to their own farts. 

SMcc1887 said:

Can some1 pleaze give me reasons as to why they h8 Sony. How could you h8 the company that makes Bravia TV's, Vaio Laptops, Playstations and Great Games, produces great movies(they own columbia pictures), Makes Sony Ericssons, makes quality radios, walkmans, headphones, cameras, the best HD video cameras, they do great adverts on TV and thay make memory sticks and more. All of their products seem 2 be top of the range 2, so Y H8 SONY??

I don't get it.  You spell everything except "pleaze" right, you use, for the most part, good capitalization and punctuation.  So what's with the numbers?  People will have a better opinion of you if type out your words.  Using letters looks "noobish" and lazy.

But to answer the question: It's fanboys.  They like their company of choice better and don't listen to logic or reasoning.  You'll find the exact same thing in politics.  In fact, a study done recently shows that people tend to ignore any new information about their candidate of choice: they make a choice and stick with it, never really evaluating their decision.  I'm sure the same happens with video games, electronics manufacturers, Intel vs. AMD, etc.

Because their defenders can't spell worth a damn and it makes us angry to read their frikkin' posts.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

SMcc1887 said:

Can some1 pleaze give me reasons as to why they h8 Sony. How could you h8 the company that makes Bravia TV's, Vaio Laptops, Playstations and Great Games, produces great movies(they own columbia pictures), Makes Sony Ericssons, makes quality radios, walkmans, headphones, cameras, the best HD video cameras, they do great adverts on TV and thay make memory sticks and more. All of their products seem 2 be top of the range 2, so Y H8 SONY??

Why do you hate English and spelling?

I'll come up with something better eventually...