By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Y DO SOME PEOPLE H8 SONY???????????????

tuoyo said:
SMcc1887 said:

Can some1 pleaze give me reasons as to why they h8 Sony. How could you h8 the company that makes Bravia TV's, Vaio Laptops, Playstations and Great Games, produces great movies(they own columbia pictures), Makes Sony Ericssons, makes quality radios, walkmans, headphones, cameras, the best HD video cameras, they do great adverts on TV and thay make memory sticks and more. All of their products seem 2 be top of the range 2, so Y H8 SONY??

I hate Sony because:

1.  I bought a Sony CD player that became useless as soon as the warranty was over.

2.  I bought a Sony walkman that didn't last very long at all.

3. I love Nintendo and Sony caused Nintendo to lose all the quality 3rd party games that could have been on N64 and Gamecube and as a student at the time I could only afford only one console and even if I could afford 2 I wouldn't have bought a Playstation because I hate Sony.

4.  I'm tired of seeing Sony Playstation shoved in my face everytime I try to watch Champions League football.

5.  they lie to people about the capabilities of their products and are full of unfulfilled promises.  If you believe what Sony reps say PS2 was the most powerful console last gen.

6. of the stupid things their executives say such as people would get two jobs to buy PS3, DS is nothing a gimmick for pokemon players, DS userbase is 12 yrs and under, etc.

7. I wanted to watch my HD movies on HD DVD which offered me amazing hardware with complete technology at amazingly affordable prices but Sony deprived me of that choice by trojan horsing blu ray into PS3. 

8. they always try to force their format on people such as Sony pro stick when everyone else is using cheaper SD cards

9. of the ridiculous things some Sony fanboys on this site spit out.

/sign

and add:

10. they said the Xbox360 would just be Xbox1.5

11. they said Halo2 would be Halo1.5

12. the totally rendered videos shown at E3 2005 (Killzone2 + Motorstorm). Sony claimed they would be ingame, then they said the game should look like that and then admit they were totally fake. Well 40 Months (!!!) later, one game is still at least 4 months away (killzone2) the other one looked like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqSjfhXpnbM

13. they said rumble would be a last gen feature

14. they said you should work longer to afford their system

15. they force you to buy a bluray-player with the ps3. Without the bluray player, you could have your console MUCH cheaper right now. And thats why HD-DVD died. HD-DVD would have been so much cheaper...

16. they said, Nintendo DS is just a toy for 12yrs old.

17. they always treat the european market like sh*t

18. they promised HOME years ago, now we will see a open beta.

19. they said they decide when the next gen starts, nobody else.

20. MAYBE (I really really hope not) they made installations common on consoles.

I don't dislike the PS3-hardware. It is a decent console, but as soon as a Sony representative speaks..... things go bad.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Why do some people hate Microsoft?
Why do some people hate Nintendo?
Why do some people hate Apple?
Why do some people hate Exon-Mobile?
Why do some people hate Walmart?

As much as some people will label it fanboyism I really don't think that is always the case. Every individual has their own set of values and beliefs about how a company should act and what is fair, as a result there is a certain level of dislike (which can eventually become hate) for a company which acts in a way which is contrary to these values and beliefs. Often the most vocal "Haters" are those who were fans of a company and then the company abandoned the values that made the person like the company in favour of values that are in conflict with the individual's values.

While it is true mindless hatred, and hatreds based on other loyalties do exist. There is such a thing as a justifiable hatred. A hatred based upon a response to a real or perceived injustice. When someone does something wrong to you it is only natural to feel violated, and to feel hatred in return.

While the original author may not be well versed with the shenanigans perpetrated by Sony on many consumers. The author can rest assured that such things have taken place. All the author needs do is run a few search inquiries on any search engine to find out what they are. There is no need to list off all the assorted bad acts.

I am unsure as to why the author may be surprised by the behavior. This behavior is the bedrock beneath consumerism. When a company treats you well you generally share positive feedback with others. When a company treats you badly you share your negative view of a company with others. Without this behavior there is nothing to force companies to behave well towards consumers.

I will say it I have been burned badly by Sony in the past. I know a lot of people that have been burned by Sony, and they are always glad to share their experiences. Generally I avoid the companies products whenever possible. I felt fleeced, and am in no mood to reward those that fleeced me.

My personal opinion is that Sony has two major problems. The first is a poor mission statement. The second is accountability. Sony should always work from the mindset of doing what is best for their customers first. Treat them as they themselves would like to be treated. Then work through the logistics. I would also like to see Sony practice real accountability. They need to be open about their errors in judgment, and hold those persons accountable. When you have members of management lying to consumers blatantly, and then they keep their jobs after making hundreds of thousands of people bitter and angry. Well that is just bad conduct.

I have not seen Sony do either of these yet. That said these things do have a easy enough remedy by adjusting their internal corporate culture. I would dare say had Sony practiced the better mindset and accountability Sony might have done much better this generation with their console.

SMcc1887 said:

Can some1 pleaze give me reasons as to why they h8 Sony. How could you h8 the company that makes Bravia TV's, Vaio Laptops, Playstations and Great Games, produces great movies(they own columbia pictures), Makes Sony Ericssons, makes quality radios, walkmans, headphones, cameras, the best HD video cameras, they do great adverts on TV and thay make memory sticks and more. All of their products seem 2 be top of the range 2, so Y H8 SONY??

why
hate
someone
please
to
two

It's not that damn hard.

I just don't like Sony PR.

I have started to like Sony again as of late and I hope they start making a comeback.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Cause it's fun to hate Sony.

I love all my haters, they make me feel greater.

twesterm said:
SMcc1887 said:

why
hate
someone
please
to
two

It's not that damn hard.

y u hav 2 b h8ing?

They hate because they are Jealous

I like to sk8 with my m8 he's gr8 but I h8 when people r8 my f8.

ye y dt the h8 all tha time even on d8s
i tnk they shoul r8 snoy l0lz
ctahca l8rz