By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears 2 preorders surpasses Gears 1 preorders already

If GoW can surpass Halo 3's first week sales, then I would be impressed.

Around the Network
CAL4M1TY said:
noodson said:
What a news. A sequel who is being more pre ordered than the the first succesfull iteration of the franchise.. Awesome..never happened...

And yet people still believe sequels are only bought by people who own the original, and thus won't sell more than the original or push hardware sales.

So it is news to some people..............

What people are saying is that a higher percentage of the second game's sales will be from preorders due to the fact that it is no longer an unknown quantity.  Has nothing to do with whether or not the game will end up selling better in total sales.

I think there's a chance that Gears might be too big, it might cannibalize sales of other big games for a couple of weeks. Will move hardware for sure. Can't wait!

I reckon that 4 million first 7 days sales is a possibility.

The 360 userbase is substantially higher than when Halo3 was released and Halo3 clocked 3.8 million first week and that surely is the figure that Gears2 first week sales will be judged against.

I think it will just fail this mark but should hit 3 million sales in its first week and *could* go on to top 8 million LTD.

Halo 3 could well top 10 million LTD due to the extra interest Recon will generate in 2009, the titles very solid legs and bearing in mind that the 360 userbase is likely to hit 35-40 million by Xmas 2010.

Absolutely obvious.

The opposite would have been shocking.

In a way, I expected GoW1 pre-order to be "outsold" by GoW2 since a lot of time.

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Gears of war 1 sold tremendously despite a much smaller userbase for the 360 2 years ago, Also a lot of new 360 owners since gears of war 1 came out may have got gears of war 1 2nd hand but now plan on buying gears of war 2 brand new, Gears 2 is gonna sell huge, Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves..........................

This has been my most anticipated game all year. NEARLY...HERE....

---

Not surprising.

Still one month to go. This will be interesting.

Goddbless said:
I just realized I forgot to preorder Gears 2 Special Edition. I hope it's not too late!

Dammit me too