By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears 2 preorders surpasses Gears 1 preorders already

noodson said:
What a news. A sequel who is being more pre ordered than the the first succesfull iteration of the franchise.. Awesome..never happened...

Yes it is great news, and if you don't like that it is getting attention don't post such useless stuff like that

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Great news =)

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

I just realized I forgot to preorder Gears 2 Special Edition. I hope it's not too late!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

EaglesEye379 said:
@WhiteDevil

Haha no hard feelings, WhiteCheekyDevil.

Thank you buddy.

Some people take everything way to serious. Surprised i havnt been called a troll and whatever else

WhiteDevil said:
EaglesEye379 said:
@WhiteDevil

Haha no hard feelings, WhiteCheekyDevil.

Thank you buddy.

Some people take everything way to serious. Surprised i havnt been called a troll and whatever else

Troll =)

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network

we knew this was gong to happen, what would of been impressive is gears 2 pre orders pass gears 1 total sales lol

noodson said:
What a news. A sequel who is being more pre ordered than the the first succesfull iteration of the franchise.. Awesome..never happened...

And yet people still believe sequels are only bought by people who own the original, and thus won't sell more than the original or push hardware sales.

So it is news to some people..............

Why is anyone surprised by this? Gears 1 didn't have an established brand to drive preorder sales. Gears 2 does, with the brand having been established by Gears 1. That's the thing about sequels: the established brand makes marketing much easier.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Gears 1 was a NEW IP at the time

so this is not shocking at all....lol

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Gears 1 was a NEW IP at the time

so this is not shocking at all....lol

does anyone say that?... hmm?? HMM? nice spin though

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.