By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP! Overhyped? or Just Right!!!

This game has been pushed fairly hard by the fans. PS3 owners and Sony fans alike smelled greatness in this one for quite some time now. The same cannot be said for the doubters. Some are so sure that this game is not all it is cracked up to be and have decided to let the review scores do the judging. Well guys, here they are....

http://n4g.com/PS3/games/g-28444/tt/metareviews.aspx

14 10/10s last time I checked!!! And none of the scores going below a 9/10!

This game was not "overhyped" it was underhyped actually, considering just how magnificent it really is. We should be seeing advertising for this up the ass by Sony. hEY SONY GET ON THAT!!!

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

some people can not see its potential so they doubt its greatness and calls it overhyped. End of October, it will show these doubters are WRONG!

the game is nice sure
btw gamesurf or whatever the spelling is, gave it a 8.5 i guess
DAMN THEM

so 10 million sold its first year is not out of the question (this includes any and all bundles for it)?

still think its nothing but a good platformer with a level creator that sony is marketing incorrectly due to the fact they are not stressing you don't have to make your own level to enjoy the game
but i can see it hitting the 7 mill mark in sales

Around the Network

@blackstar
I should have expect some blantently biased reviews sooner or later. Yet still that is one against millions.
P.S.
LOVE your Sig!

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

fayewong said:

some people can not see its potential so they doubt its greatness and calls it overhyped. End of October, it will show these doubters are WRONG!

or some people can not see through the illusion of potential, it isn't there, the level editor is quite limited and the core gameplay is medicore,

frankly it is being given a free ride on a wave of faux creativity, creating a pallette, and slapping in your own music and level layout isn't creative, the core gameplay (actions grabbing isn't enough, jumping behavior, etc) needs to be alterable before the gameplay can be user created content can be actually creative.

and frankly 10 million units in the first year is just naive.

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think 10 million either, at most 4-5 million. Its isn't dangerous enough or have any violence to be a badass game worth over 10 million.

@4evercloud:
master made this thread, it's about LBP reviews:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=45118
and i know my sig is AWESOME lol

this game is better than sex.