By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I have problems with finishing games!

@Euphoria--you can turn off GTAIV's cell phone calls lol.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I sort of have the opposite, most of the time I am determined to complete games. I didn't complete Lost Odyssey and Half-Life 2 recently, so that trait may be going now (I had completed GTA IV with both choices by forcing myself not to buy new games).

Consoles Owned: XBOX 360, Wii, DS and PSP.

I try to be determined to complete games, usually I stop playing games when I have to play again large sections or there is a difficult situation and it becomes too frustrating. the last game I finished was Crysis Warhead, but it's short so I don't think it counts. before that it was Mass Effect, which kept me playing until I finished. at the same time, I have Killer 7 waiting for me to finish it, and I have it for 3-4 months. I hate so much the loading times that I almost think I'm wasting my time when playing it. then there's also Paper Mario which took me A LONG time to finish too, because it also got boring (Keelhaul Key).

and there's also Viewtiful Joe, which it's still unknown whether I'll actually finish it or not :P

anyway, I still want to see another series more addictive than the Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney, when I got the games it was impossible to stop playing it!

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

I've got the same problem with RE4 Wii Edition. I keep telling myself to finish it, but it seems like I never get around to playing it.

My solution was to not buy any games until I finished it. Unfourtunitly, Toys R Us had a big video game sale recently and I just bought de Blob and Boom Blox.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I never finish games and it pisses me off. I hate myself for not finishing them, but I don't know what to do. I have all three Metroid prime games, but I've never finished one. I've never finished a Zelda game, and the only Wii games I own that I have beaten are SMG and the story mode in Brawl. Then there are games that I love so much I have beaten over and over again. Resident Evil 4 is the best example of that. I'm gonna force myself to finish some games one of these days.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Around the Network

Welcome in the club sennaho, is the same thing for me.
But now Sony ps3 help me with the trophies, i want to finish the game to have trophies.

Final Fantasy huge... watch my collection

Oh... Final Fantasy huge only on SONY system !

What really helps is to have a motivating factor. I found that being able to announce my victory to the VGchartz community helped.

Here's the "I just beat the game" thread

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=25604

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

1. Don't buy more than one game at a time.
2. Don't buy another game until you finish the one you have.
3. For me the longer it takes to beat a game the less likely I am to finish it. So try to beat games at a resonable pace.

I love RPG's but lately I am to busy to put much time into it. So it takes me a month to get halfway through it and by then I buy the next big game I want.

So lately I have been breaking my rules and next week I will break them BIG TIME. I am still working on Lost Odyssey and on the 21st I am picking up LBP and Fable 2.

thats why casual games are so popular. you can play them for a couple of hours.
and that's why games are getting shorter and shorter. (except for a couple of them (oblivion etc)). call of duty 4 !!!!
i love to play games, but i have little time for it.
I finished only okami, smg, gt 5 prologue and uncharted this year.
bought like 30 games or so (i'm a collector).
I do have like 40 games I never even played.....it sad i know.
but i want to play them some day.

My problem is actually the exact opposite of the OP's. I have trouble playing a game without working towards that "ending" whatever it may be. I don't usually do speed runs, but I usually pound through them at a steady clip.
I still have a few games that I haven't even started because I KNOW I'm going to get sucked into them and keep playing until the end.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her