By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - MSFT names Windows "7", Windows 7

steven787 said:
I'm sorry, if you want we can go back and edit our posts where we are discussing the Seinfeld ads... :)

I remember *something* but am not sure of what it is.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

For quite awhile I have been saying that Microsoft should really scrap backwards compatibility and legacy features within Windows, create a "built in" virtual machine to run programs in legacy-mode, and focus on creating a high quality operating system ...

Personally, I have seen (practically) no reason to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows Vista and I have yet to hear of a single reason why I would want to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7. If an upgrade meant that all of the design decisions made for DOS had finally been removed from the system, and the system was finally very secure, I would probably be first in line to upgrade.

That is what they are doing happy.  http://blogs.msdn.com/e7/default.aspx

I have high hopes for Windows 7. I think i'll completely skip Vista (i'm a PC gamer, but i really can't stand Vista) and go with W7 when it's out.

To whoever's asking: Ubuntu's fun and easy to use! Highly recommended by me, who used it for about a year with no real problems

As to Windows 7: hey, maybe it'll be out by the time I finally buy a desktop. That's pretty exciting!

I have already seen a Vista SP2 page joora.

Around the Network

i has windows vista then upgraded back to xp. thats says a lot because i like to have the newest shit out but not when the new shit brings the experience backwards

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I didn't upgrade to Vista for numerous reasons. I had some hope for the new Windows and I wanted something like HappySqurriel said. -_-'

Well I can't say it'll suck we haven't seen much of it yet and frankly, until I have my hands on it, I'll have a neutral look on it.

Oh and btw, I preferred its code name, Vienna, though Windows 7 sounds simple and easy to remember.

lolita said:
I didn't upgrade to Vista for numerous reasons. I had some hope for the new Windows and I wanted something like HappySqurriel said. -_-'

Well I can't say it'll suck we haven't seen much of it yet and frankly, until I have my hands on it, I'll have a neutral look on it.

Oh and btw, I preferred its code name, Vienna, though Windows 7 sounds simple and easy to remember.

I'm very tempted to call it Windows Rol.

As much as I like trashing Windows, I think that's the way to go. All other software as it upgrades just moves from

x.y.z
to (x+1).0.0

It's time for Windows to stop being different, with its names and its Service Packs. They can just become 7.1, 7.2 etc

May have to run Slackware again! These people at MS are a mess these days.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo