By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's storage solution - $20 for a 20GB HD or a free 512 MB card

wow they must be losing some serious money on that but hey, who am i to complain i aint a share holder thank god.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Ok all good. After taking a few mins to load after i selected AUSTRALIA, i managed to get it to work. You have to select the regeion first. Good on you MS. But like kingofwale said, no option for 512mb card. Its like they ran out. Ohwell.

EDIT: Oh and it was 25AUD, good to see we didn't get owned up the ass with the price conversion for once. =D Can't wait to get my 20gb HDD! Wonder how long it'll take. Lucky I didn't buy a 120gb for 150 lol. MS made me smile, its been a long time since they did that lol.

it's u.s only? it can't be, they're probably going to offer the deal to other regions later on.

Tuanniez said:
Ok all good. After taking a few mins to load after i selected AUSTRALIA, i managed to get it to work. You have to select the regeion first. Good on you MS. But like kingofwale said, no option for 512mb card. Its like they ran out. Ohwell.

how the hell do you run out? I guess it's not a "solution" then, just a "promotion".

I blame myself for getting my hopes up for expecting something nice from Microsoft. Who am I kidding here?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Doubt MS is losing money on this. Seeing there was no 512mb memory card that I could see, and the 20GB are refurbished. And 20 for a 20GB is hard losing money. But it is free shipping, so who knows.

@kingofwale, I didn't even see a 512mb card mentioned anywhere on the site, so maybe it never existed, who knows. But 25AUD for a 20gb HDD is a great deal anyway. I'm not going to complain.

Around the Network

okay, now I figured out the country option.

but hmmm... 30 bucks for 20GB? I will hardly use it. I think I will pass it for now

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:

No 512MB option exists.

Only 20GB Refurbished HDD + 3 Months Live Gold for $29.99. Memory card would make no sense seeing as how the site clearly states that an HDD is required forthe new Xbox experience.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

kingofwale said:

but hmmm... 30 bucks for 20GB? I will hardly use it. I think I will pass it for now

Soooo.....you just decided to bitch and moan for something that you said yourself your not going to use much?

seems logical I guess...

Not to mention most of the stuff you complained about is either: something you took out of context from what someone else typed, or you didn't read everything on the site.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

sega4life said:
kingofwale said:

Soooo.....you just decided to bitch and moan for something that you said yourself your not going to use much?

seems logical I guess...

Not to mention most of the stuff you complained about is either: something you took out of context from what someone else typed, or you didn't read everything on the site.

well, I would LOVE to get the 512MB one, which I was misinformed about. So yes, I was whinning about that.

It's called "being a consumer and putting my own right up first.", not "being a fanboy so I must suck up to everything the company is doing".

selnor
Episode 2:

Just wanted to put this out there.

Anyone think MS is going to take advantage of this offer and in next months NPD response say something like, "We have been seeing a healthy growth on XBox Live, we now have "X" amount of users with Gold accounts"?

Only because with this offer, which pretty much every arcade and/or core owner has almost no choice of declining since HDD is required now includes 3 months Gold subscription?

Just food for thought.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!