By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Fable 2 flop as well?

RPG rarely get high score even when they're critically acclaimed, I'd say a high 80% would be considered a critical success and very likely to happen.

My favourite RPG of all time is Planescape Torment from Black Isle, critic could not stop raving about just how damn good that game was (and I agree) but it still only got a metacritic score of 91.

If this game 'flop' sale wise, I will burn my copy of LBP. :p

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Cheebee said:
It probably will. Seeing how bad the 1st game did, I can't imagine the second one selling more. Why would it? If anything, it'd sell less. Also, review scores mean nothing. Certainly not good sales.

I think you might be wrong on all of your points there. If I made a post that was the opposite of right, it would be yours, for example.

How bad did the first game do, again?

Right.. well maybe the 1st game didn't do that bad, compared to some other games, but before it came out, Fable was made out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. It was supposed to revolutionize RPGs and gaming as a whole and present an unprecedented level of freedom and immersion. Well, erm, it didn't. A lot of people were expecting those kind of things, but didn't get them. So.. if they'd been disappointed by version 1, why buy version 2? Makes no sense.

As for my last point, well, do I really have to explain that one? :s Review scores can help, but a good review does not guarantee good sales. At all. If you're saying I'm wrong about that, well, you need to wake up and smell the roses. I'm not gonna list any examples, there are plenty and then some.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

91-93

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

PXM = 9.5/10

There is no way even an official magazine would risk huge disparity.

I see this as a High 80's and Low 90's for sure now.

It got a 95 from OXM

Around the Network
Cheebee said:
It probably will. Seeing how bad the 1st game did, I can't imagine the second one selling more. Why would it? If anything, it'd sell less. Also, review scores mean nothing. Certainly not good sales.

Yea, it will flop. Haha, in the words of Cramer, you know nothing. Please define flop. The first game did bad now? It sold near 3 million and had an overall score of 85. So that is now somehow bad.

And I've already seen the spin about how people were let down by the first. Guess what, I was let down by the first and I'll be their for midnight launch on the second. Anyone actually following this game knows how much more of an improvement it is over the first.

Gamespot didn't award this game E3 2008 Game of the Show for nothing.

So again, if it sells a couple of million or so is that flop? Because that is a joke post bar none.

i dunno man .....all i know is that it realy didnt get that much atention at the tgs

hatmoza 2.0 said:
i dunno man .....all i know is that it realy didnt get that much atention at the tgs

Really!? Oh my...that's....that's just shocking!! /sarcasm

You expected the masses at a Japanese game convention to flock to a Western RPG?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Cheebee said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Cheebee said:

I think you might be wrong on all of your points there. If I made a post that was the opposite of right, it would be yours, for example.

How bad did the first game do, again?

Right.. well maybe the 1st game didn't do that bad, compared to some other games, but before it came out, Fable was made out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. It was supposed to revolutionize RPGs and gaming as a whole and present an unprecedented level of freedom and immersion. Well, erm, it didn't. A lot of people were expecting those kind of things, but didn't get them. So.. if they'd been disappointed by version 1, why buy version 2? Makes no sense.

As for my last point, well, do I really have to explain that one? :s Review scores can help, but a good review does not guarantee good sales. At all. If you're saying I'm wrong about that, well, you need to wake up and smell the roses. I'm not gonna list any examples, there are plenty and then some.

Umm because even though it did not do those things it was a pretty danm good game? It did introduce some things and it was in fact a unique and fun game. I was dissapointed by the first one, but that was because of the huuuuuuge hype, i mean how couldnt it be dissapointing? But it didnt matter because i still really enjoyed the first game and put at least 30 hours into it. I just played it last night and its still pretty dang fun.

umm review scores do mean some things trust me. Not as much as people think sometimes but it does in fact effect sales.

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

As long as it gets half decent reviews, there isn't a chance in hell Fable 2 will sell less than 2 million lifetime. (For this game, I would consider less than 2 million lifetime to be quite poor, even if its not a flop)

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS