By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Fable 2 flop as well?

I remember the hype for Fable 1 and it kind of flopped comapred to the hype. Do yout hink Fable 2 will flop as well? ATM I dunno really. It has a great engine and art style but something still doesn't click.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Around the Network

I think it's 8.5ish hyped because of the first one. I actually think it'll likely get over 8.5, rather than under, but we'll see.

So, unlikely to flop, since expectations are low after the first one. Not that we aren't excited, we just aren't expecting the greatest game ever, this time.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Haha, flop like what? The first did like 3 million or so IIRC. That is far from a flop. Considering there is going to be a midnight launch at many Gamestops around the country you tell me if you think it's going to flop. Gamestops usually have a limit on what can and cannot have a midnight launch based on pre-orders.

As far as reviews go it just got a 9.5 from OXM while the original got an 8.9 (average score on GR is 8.5).

So to answer your question, no.

OK so what are everyone's predictions on the metacritic average? Mine is a 80.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

I remember Fable having some insanely high expectations because of how much they hyped it, while Fable 2 really doesn't seem to be getting that same hype machine. I don't think it's going to flop unless you think it's supposed to be the best game of all time or something.

I'll still get it regardless of whether or not it's good... because my brother is probably buying it.

Around the Network

Higher than the orginal which is 85. More like 90 plus.

ultimate_123 said:
OK so what are everyone's predictions on the metacritic average? Mine is a 80.

Mine is 85-89%, hopefully around 88%. That would make me very happy. 80 I would be a tad dissapointed(not in the game, in the reviews), but I'd still have preordered it.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

"flop" is just TOO hard.

But, even if it gets very good review, to my eyes, it is really not a mainstream game. not everybody will like it.

Time to Work !

I'm guessing around a 90, and it will sell well as well

It probably will. Seeing how bad the 1st game did, I can't imagine the second one selling more. Why would it? If anything, it'd sell less. Also, review scores mean nothing. Certainly not good sales.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046