By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - perception of the 360 in Japan?

*gives you a Nintendo fanboy answer*

j/k But I think a lot of them don't like it just because it is from an American company.

Around the Network

I'm not Japanese, and you'll probably find a slight Xbox bias in me, but I must say that Microsoft has really, reeeally been trying hard in Japan, and it's good to see some of the fruits of their labour.

Obviously they won't be dominant there this gen (or likely ever), and there's very little chance they'll even beat the PS3 there, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Microsoft's intense focus on Japanese-oriented games and gamers had actually had some effect. I mean, even if they started losing to PS3 there by 1k a week, it would be a huge win for them, and it looks like the Japanese gaming audience is giving them a hand with that.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

someone from this has attended TGS and he said to us that MS and 360 got a lot of Japanese people's attention i don't know about the last TGS so i can't make a comparison between this year TGS and the the previous one
the Exclusive RPGs on 360 and the "prices for everyone" strategy are doing there job

obviously the 360 is gaining more accepting not just in Japan

The chance they could sell 1million this gen is huge but not sure what they are thinking since I am amercan

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Just cause they hired so much girls to show at their booth only gets more attention from people. Those girls aren't sold with the consoles and M$ is a gaming console not booth girls in nice outfits. Same thing with exotic cars with girls in bikini outfits, the similarities? NOTHING! 

It is just eye candy to lure people to attract them and get them interested... even if its not about the games. Sad.

Around the Network

Its the JRPG effect....they are on the 360 and not the PS3, so thats what it is

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

the design of the 360 might be scaring them

''Hadouken!''

You may want to PM FinalEvangelion, smbu2000 and Y-Koron directly.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

i no someone who is japanese and i no that people in Japan see xbox as a unreliable machine with no history in gaming but they are slowly embracing it. They arnt to keen on American products.