By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Next Zelda, when will it arrive?

soon...

Around the Network

DS Zelda game announced for 2009. Completely unexpected, I was hoping for a Zelda Wii announcement, considering that TP was announced 5 years ago. It's almost confirmed now that Zelda Wii will be a 2010/2011 title.

Revealed at E3 2010 is my bet.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Zelda Majora's Mask confirmed for a Japanese release in April. Looks like Nintendo is in a bit of troubles in Japan and need to release core games, even if they are for VC because they got too little coming up.

So MM is the last retro Zelda from consoles, it should be coming to the West also this year. We just need info on the Wii Zelda, 4 years is a little too much.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Well, this thread was long forgotten, and I forgot to add Zelda MM VC to the release timeline. So we know that the currently announced Zelda game is coming out this year and it's for the DS.

Also, we know by IGN that the Zelda game Ratro was making got butchered by Nintendo, that's really bad news. Who says we will hear anything about Zelda Wii at this E3?... I don't I think it's gonna get revealed next E3 (2010) as a holiday 2010 title.

I feel like I've waited too much already, 2006 and the game wasn't even made for the Wii. We are in 2009 and they probably havent even properly started development, or at least that's what their secrecy policies make it look like.

They need to show a new Zelda, they know they have to, but I know they won't that's why I'm so pissed and disappointed at Nintendo. They've had 2 DS Zelda games in between, was that really necessary? I mean I would have rather got nothing instead of 2 games, that is like pouring salt on the wound even more. And to know that the Wii still hasn't seen a Zelda game while the DS has seen 2 in less than 3 years feels rally bad.

Ok, nothing new, just my thoughts.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

when Nintendo id done creating all the MIDI audio.

Around the Network

I think we have a chance to see something about Zelda Wii in TGS'10.

Yup Christmas 2010 sounds about right. I would be shocked and it would be completely out of character for Nintendo to be so "on the ball".

jake_the_fake1 said:
when Nintendo id done creating all the MIDI audio.

Oh unlucky us then, the game will never get released, because next Zelda will be amazingly orchestrated.

Not that the MIDI themes Koji Kondo creates are bad, in fact they are every developers dream.

No matter how hard you cry, no matter how long you yell, Zelda Wii will be the best game this gen, so better start getting used to it, because if not it's really gonna hurt.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

summer 2010 then nintendo will say it is delayed till holiday 2010.

trestres said:
We are in 2009 and they probably havent even properly started development, or at least that's what their secrecy policies make it look like.

What? This doesn't compute at all..