By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Next Zelda, when will it arrive?

trestres said:
They should be releasing some info at their conference. 2011 would be so terrible for me.

You know what would be terrible for me? To have been waiting for 4 years for an all new Zelda title only to be let down because they didn't spend long enough polishing and fleshing out all their ideas. I have the same feeling towards Red Steel 2 and I'm really disappointed they aren't delaying it to next year to add multiplayer..

Around the Network

The DS Zelda game seems more like a quick way to capitalize on the audience before DS2 arrives and it's too late. Zelda TP was ready by early 2006 but got delayed to late 2006 to launch along the Wii.

6 years is an enormity for any game. 5 years is already more than enough, and the fact that 2 Wii Fits and 2 DS Zelda's got released in between is outrageous since both used up people that should have been working in a Wii Zelda. Nintendo knows there's a lot of people waiting for a proper Zelda game, since TP left a sour taste being just a GC port.

I'm saying that for their own sake and image they should be releasing Zelda Wii as the big holiday 2010 title.

If 2 Mario Galaxy's can be released in less than 3 years I can't see how a Zelda can take up more than 6 years to make.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
The DS Zelda game seems more like a quick way to capitalize on the audience before DS2 arrives and it's too late. Zelda TP was ready by early 2006 but got delayed to late 2006 to launch along the Wii.

6 years is an enormity for any game. 5 years is already more than enough, and the fact that 2 Wii Fits and 2 DS Zelda's got released in between is outrageous since both used up people that should have been working in a Wii Zelda. Nintendo knows there's a lot of people waiting for a proper Zelda game, since TP left a sour taste being just a GC port.

I'm saying that for their own sake and image they should be releasing Zelda Wii as the big holiday 2010 title.

If 2 Mario Galaxy's can be released in less than 3 years I can't see how a Zelda can take up more than 6 years to make.

The bolded is untrue and I suggest you read the Iwata asks interview with the Zelda team. They needed the extra year either way. They were given the extra year before they were told to make a Wii version as well.

Besides, Super Mario Galaxy has had many years of development time with Miyamoto kicking around ideas since before Super Mario Sunshine. I'm going to assume that Zelda Wii has taken so long because of the time needed to come up with ideas. Super Mario Galaxy 2 has the engine, gameplay and controls all done and so only new levels are needed for it. 

Either ways 5 years is an extremely long time. I'm sure it will be ready by 2010. Plus the Zelda team is bigger than the SMG team obviously. I think the mistake was making 2 DS games instead of focusing on the Wii game. On the eyes of the fans it's a very unwise choice.

Most people were awaiting for the Wii game and then with a flying kick they got hit in the face with the news that the new Zelda for these Holidays is a DS one.

2010 must have Zelda Wii, there's no other choice.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

From the looks of it now, we won't be getting one until 2010 at the earliest.

Around the Network

Oh and Pikmin 3 is not going to get released in 2010. Miyamoto said the team isn't even ensambled yet, the only progress they made was around the NPC games and the use of the control. Zelda Wii is in a much more advanced status so far, so 2011 is more probable for Pikmin 3.

He was forced to say he was making a new Pikmin at E3 08, but it wasn't true, they didn't even start making it so far.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
Either ways 5 years is an extremely long time. I'm sure it will be ready by 2010. Plus the Zelda team is bigger than the SMG team obviously. I think the mistake was making 2 DS games instead of focusing on the Wii game. On the eyes of the fans it's a very unwise choice.

Most people were awaiting for the Wii game and then with a flying kick they got hit in the face with the news that the new Zelda for these Holidays is a DS one.

2010 must have Zelda Wii, there's no other choice.

Flying kick to the face? Perhaps.. But then they really should have listened to the little prediction I made early this year..

"Updated with post E3 info.. I think this is most impressive, a post I made above on Feb 15th this year:

For those reasons I think the following will happen:

1. Zelda will be released this year - just not on Wii"

Also Tres he said they had the games basic mechanics done, as soon as New Super Mario Bros. Wii is done they'll have a full team there to make the game. I think 2010 is still possible.

Yeah, I bought a Wii for Zelda so that's why I seem rather desperate. Anyways it will come sooner or later, the thing is I prefer it to come sooner, before I finish university.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

well one of the complaints has been nintendo needs to do more new IP. we should be getting a lot of that next year. for me im happy to wait until october to see what other games they have

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Truth is it will come when it is ready.

We always want the latest zelda as soon as possible but remember that Zelda has always been a waiting game. Anticipation is part of its DNA.

The thing is, I don't think, this time around, Miyamoto is interested in building a Zelda. I think he wants, once again, for it to be created. To get to that place they need a lot of time.

Miyamoto said they're not yet at a stage where they're building the graphics, or the story very much. They're focusing on gameplay. That says to me they're still on a quest to define what the next Zelda will be about.

Normally you have a concept of a game way in advance of developing it. That was the case with Twilight Princess, where they wanted to make an Ocarina-ish title. It was the case with Wind Waker, which was inspired by chinese art. Right now they want to rediscover Zelda, and this has been, more or less a demand from the public.

This kind of thing is not a given, which is why Miyamoto is focusing on experimentation right now.

Trust me, this game is a ways away. Just be grateful that we'll get a DS Zelda in the mean time.