By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Next Zelda, when will it arrive?

Early 2010 with the announcement on mid 09.

Around the Network

I'm expecting Nintendo to announce something next year. 2009 That is. Twilight Princess was released in 2006, so announcing a sequel 3 years after that would seem right, I guess. As for when it will be released, I'm guessing 2010. Any later than that would be kinda too late, seeing as how most likely the next generation will be coming up by then. And releasing important games at the end of a console's life is not an extemely smart thing to do..

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Trailer Shown Q2 2009
Released November 2009

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz

I've been predicting September 26, 2009 for a while now.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Like others have said, sometime around the end of next year.

Man, next year's release list is looking killer. We have truly entered into the golden age of gaming. In 2007, we had amazing release like Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted, Metroid Prime 3, Halo 3, etc. This year, we've seen MGS4, SSBB, MKWii, GTAIV, DMC4, and will be soon getting LBP, Resistance 2, Gears 2, Fable II, etc.

Next year, God of War III, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, White Knight Chronicles, Star Ocean 4 and others are all but confirmed, and it's extremely likely we'll see Zelda Wii and Team ICO's next game before the end of the year in addition to all of that.  Maybe Kid Icarus will surface as well?

Around the Network

Pikmin 3, Punch-Out, S&P2 =')

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Holiday 2010.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

damkira said:

I don't have any real basis for this, but I've got an overwhelming hunch that the next Zelda will be released in the Spring of 2010.

It seems Nintendo has found that it is better to release core games it can sell regardless of season early in the year to get the initial sales, then watch the money continue to roll in through Christmas. There is my basis.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

summer 2009

NOW!!!
OT: MM will be X-mas this year... hopefully
New Zelda would be around late 09 - early 10