By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Does This Rumor Refuse To Die?

Take this with a grain of salt, cause it's a rumor of a tipster who knows somebody's brother's sister's cousin that slept with Kojima's gardener's dog.

Alright, so Konami's secret, poetic announcement turned out not to be Metal Gear Solid 4 for the Xbox 360. It turned out to be Silent Hill 5 (which is actually bigger news for some people). Still, a good rumor never dies (and a great rumor comes true). While the MGS4 360 rumor has yet to come true, a reliable tipster tells us that Official Xbox Magazine has taken it upon themselves to toss another log on the fire. In the most recent Rumor Mole section, OXM declares that a "bankable source" told them that Metal Gear Solid 4 is definitely coming to Xbox 360. The game is reportedly being ported by a separate team -- which isn't headed by Hideo Kojima -- and should ship "a few months" after the PS3 version.

Considering the ever-mounting rumors and Konami's own comments on the matter, it's starting to look like the only thing missing is an official announcement.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/07/19/oxm-rumor-mole-mgs4-on-360-months-after-ps3/

Anyone subscribe to OXM?

Around the Network
Dolla Dolla said:

Take this with a grain of salt, cause it's a rumor of a tipster who knows somebody's brother's sister's cousin that slept with Kojima's gardener's dog.

Alright, so Konami's secret, poetic announcement turned out not to be Metal Gear Solid 4 for the Xbox 360. It turned out to be Silent Hill 5 (which is actually bigger news for some people). Still, a good rumor never dies (and a great rumor comes true). While the MGS4 360 rumor has yet to come true, a reliable tipster tells us that Official Xbox Magazine has taken it upon themselves to toss another log on the fire. In the most recent Rumor Mole section, OXM declares that a "bankable source" told them that Metal Gear Solid 4 is definitely coming to Xbox 360. The game is reportedly being ported by a separate team -- which isn't headed by Hideo Kojima -- and should ship "a few months" after the PS3 version.

Considering the ever-mounting rumors and Konami's own comments on the matter, it's starting to look like the only thing missing is an official announcement.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/07/19/oxm-rumor-mole-mgs4-on-360-months-after-ps3/

Anyone subscribe to OXM?

The rumor won't die mainly because it is plausable ...

It may never come true, but Konami could potentially be motivated to find a larger userbase for the game and Microsoft would be willing to do practically anything to get the game for their system ...

It depends on how the ps3 game does.

mM

Because xbots cant accpet reality, NO MGS for them.

i think KONAMi and not Kojima will eventually bring it to the 360... i think it will be at least 6 months after though.. probably a year..

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network

Well, at least this time it is from a 'bankable source'.... WTH does that mean?

The more everyone goes "on record" to say that it won't be coming to the 360 - the more I believe it will be.

Its probably a clause in the contract that the PS3 gets a exclusive period, AND that there is no mention of a 360 version until after the PS3 release.

We all saw what stories of RE4 coming to the PS2 did for sales of it on the GC. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

xbots know they need this to kill sony thats why.. it probably will come but not at the same time period

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Bonafide732 said:
i think KONAMi and not Kojima will eventually bring it to the 360... i think it will be at least 6 months after though.. probably a year..

This is the only scenario that I would think is possible, with 1 year being most likely if at all. Honestly MGS2 on Xbox did so poorly then that may have some bearing on this decision as well.

MGS is a game that has gone all over the place...Playstation is not its only home...so fanboys need not call everyone who believes this rumor an "xbot." You can play MGS4 on PS3 and others can play it later on 360...your world will not end...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )