By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Saint's Row 2 appreciation thread for PS3 owners

Yakuza 2 is enough sandbox for me atm - I love playing mahjong or shogi or ufo catcher or practicing at the driving range in that game.

Around the Network

Glad to see SR2 on the ps3 i think it will be the most underrated game of 08. GTA4 made me also get sick of these types of games but i think this one should remedy that. Will get it when trophies r announced for it

Play Me

Looks like fun, but it will probably be a rental for me. I am more excited for Dead Space at the moment, to fill the small void before Fable 2.

WHY would anyone want this game if they could buy the more superior Dead Space??? WHY?

bbsin said:
WHY would anyone want this game if they could buy the more superior Dead Space??? WHY?

I'll buy both :)

Around the Network
bbsin said:

Because Dead Space happens to be a survival horror while this is a sandbox game...?

Not everyone is a fan of both genres.

I already have it preordered. For the 360 that is. Also I agree with the OP.

Dallinor said:
bbsin said:

Because Dead Space happens to be a survival horror while this is a sandbox game...?

SO?!? If you let a hotdog fan choose between a shit flavored hotdog and a delicious hamburger, I bet the hotdog lover would pick the hamburger. Besides, there are plenty of "sandbox" elements in Deadspace. For example, you could play ZeroG basketball, you could play anti gravity jumper, you could fix doors, etc.

bbsin said:
Dallinor said:
bbsin said:

SO?!? If you let a hotdog fan choose between a shit flavored hotdog and a delicious hamburger, I bet the hotdog lover would pick the hamburger. Besides, there are plenty of "sandbox" elements in Deadspace. For example, you could play ZeroG basketball, you could play anti gravity jumper, you could fix doors, etc.

1. The sandbox elements you named sound awful

2. Saint's Row 2 is not a "shit flavored hotdog"

From what i have gleaned it is more fun than GTA4 yet looks poor, almost unfinished. Still i have ordered it from tesco online in the hope that the price they are selling it at (£15.90) was not a sales error.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups