By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto:Chinatown Wars = Call of Duty 4 ds?

CoD4 is mostly popular due to it's online play so it's understandable that it did badly on hardware which isn't particulary well suited for this kind of play. GTA doesn't have this problem, so no, it will do better on DS than CoD. Better than the one on PSP? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet a whole lot on it.

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion

Around the Network

no no COD4 was mainly a console game, chinatown wars is actually made only for the DS. I don't think it will sell more than 2 million, probably between 1-2 million.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

As long as it is properly advertised it will manage LCS sales considering the DS installbase now. I never even heard of Call of Duty being on the DS.

GTA on the DS has one primary purpose - expand the audience, and sell even more DS units. On that front, I can't see why it wouldn't succeed - GTA is still one of the biggest gaming IPs out there. Any GTA on any Nintendo platform is big "media" news as well.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I think it will do well. I'm not sure how well, but it definitely won't be considered a failure.

Around the Network

Fail. The DS cant support that kind of huge games... just like Cod 4.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Not sure never played COD4 on DS.

Maybe with the proper advertisement it could sell 500k units

GTA:CW will be a success for sure, it will also move a few DS's without a doubt. It looks like good old school GTA game.

There is no console GTA: Chinatown Wars for this game to be compared against as far as features. That is the difference between this and COD4 for the DS. GTA is it's own game with no direct connection to GTA IV. It was already highlighted during a major press conference, so the anticipation has already risen ten fold over COD4 DS. Plus it is coming during a completely different time period from it's console franchise counterpart.

I have no idea whether it will succeed or fail though. I just don't think the comparison is accurate or fair.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.