By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto:Chinatown Wars = Call of Duty 4 ds?

Call of Duty 4 came across as just another "make a gameboy game with the same name" That sort of thing has been going on since the days of the Gameboy and usually meant cash in with few sales. The fact that the game turned out to be good was secondary.

GTA DS is a specific game made entirely for the DS. it will sell well. No where near PSP sales, but it'll move a bunch of units. Might even be a bit of a system seller for that games demographic.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
stof said:
Call of Duty 4 came across as just another "make a gameboy game with the same name" That sort of thing has been going on since the days of the Gameboy and usually meant cash in with few sales. The fact that the game turned out to be good was secondary.

GTA DS is a specific game made entirely for the DS. it will sell well. No where near PSP sales, but it'll move a bunch of units. Might even be a bit of a system seller for that games demographic.

Then how about Final Fantasys?They have come to Ps and then ported to Ds.Like Final Fantasy Iv and its good game.

Take my love, take my land..

fail fail fail

Simulacrum said:
stof said:

Then how about Final Fantasys?They have come to Ps and then ported to Ds.Like Final Fantasy Iv and its good game.

Exactly. Ported. Put the next numbered Final Fantasy on the DS and see the difference in sales. How is it that New Super Mario Bros. managed to sell twice as much as Mario 64 DS? Newness vs. a port.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.