By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Just about finished Mass Effect : what a game!!

Best RPG of the generation. Bar none. And I've played almost every RPG the X360 has to offer + a decent bit of PC titles too.

It's flawed. But despite the flaws, the game is head & shoulders above many other RPGs in oh-so many ways.

The last 2-3 hours are the most tense, awesome gaming moments out there.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I enjoyed this a lot too. although some of the loading was annoying. Can't wait play it again when we can install it to the hard drive.. too busy with other games right now.

It was just a plain great game but there were just a few annoying things...(Looks at the inventory screen...)

Former something....

piggychan said:
I enjoyed this a lot too. although some of the loading was annoying. Can't wait play it again when we can install it to the hard drive.. too busy with other games right now.

thats exactly what i'm gonna wait to do - my brother is after a cheap 360 and I was toying around the idea of using it as an excuse to get the elite due to replaying games off the hard drive and other things but the wife wasn't too kean on the idea.

This game however has made me go for that idea as it is one game I could just replay over and over again but the loading times are a pain (especially when you also have a cut scene at the start of an epic battle after the loading times and you end up seeing the cut scene way too many times.

this is just nit picking though.

in the top 5 games on the 360. Thought this game was amazing.

Around the Network
IllegalPaladin said:
It's a pretty good game and the dialog is pretty awesome, but I think some of the cinematic elements could have been better in certain areas.

I think the stuff at the end could have been much cooler if they used more cinematics.

the f'n ending was bad ass!

shio said:
it was a disappointing RPG, but still solid.

I wish it had a better story, more length and more choices/consequences. It doesn't live up against Baldur's Gate 2.

good old shio....

Always compares current-gen games with almost 10 years old PC games.

Cueil said:
IllegalPaladin said:
It's a pretty good game and the dialog is pretty awesome, but I think some of the cinematic elements could have been better in certain areas.

I think the stuff at the end could have been much cooler if they used more cinematics.

the f'n ending was bad ass!

I wanted more scenes of battle, the game doesn't really offer anything as badass as the opening scene. But I will say that leaving the council for dead was the best part

Mass Effect is my favorite game of the generation. I've finished it a half dozen times easy. I'm gonna go back and run through it again in a few months. I can't wait for the sequel.

It certainly is a game... even a very good game, just not a great game. It's plagued with painful problems that even Bioware's old games didn't have... and I'm not even talking about the mass of awful technical issues (I played the PC version which had none). It's no KOTOR... more like a KOTOR2.

I would suggest spending some time looking up Dragon Age: Origins, as it seems to be a much better representation of Bioware's former greatness than Mass Effect was.