By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSP 3000 or Xbox 360?

Gazz said:
It is obvious I do want a PSP again and it will come. However, money doesn't grow on my back and I need to decide between them now that the 360 is 149,- EUR on sale here in the Netherlands. HDD is not necessary for me at this time since you clearly read I have other alternatives for it.

In favour of the 360, it is an entire console vs "just" an handheld . I have however lost all faith in their hardware quality since I previously owned them. Deep trust issues as I am sure people can imagine and that's why I can be quite harsh on the 360 from time to time.

Still try to be openminded in this topic. I am trying to step over my previous bad experience.

Do you still have some 360 games ?

Around the Network

PSP Slim & Lite
You get it cheaper :P

Take my love, take my land..

I would get a 360, but that's because I got bored with my PSP.

Barozi said:
Gazz said:
It is obvious I do want a PSP again and it will come. However, money doesn't grow on my back and I need to decide between them now that the 360 is 149,- EUR on sale here in the Netherlands. HDD is not necessary for me at this time since you clearly read I have other alternatives for it.

In favour of the 360, it is an entire console vs "just" an handheld . I have however lost all faith in their hardware quality since I previously owned them. Deep trust issues as I am sure people can imagine and that's why I can be quite harsh on the 360 from time to time.

Still try to be openminded in this topic. I am trying to step over my previous bad experience.

Do you still have some 360 games ?

Gears of war, I do also have it on PC though. Never sold it because it's pretty badly scratched. Another source of the deep trust issues, although I am 100% sure they fixed that simple issue. I also still have my PSP memorystick since it survived the tumble down the stairs and Killzone for that one.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Short answer PSP, long answer PlayStation Portable.....

anyway, if you have a PS3, Wii, PC there are very few games on Xbox to buy, and its multimedia functions are surpassed by the PS3 (unless you want to download films and TV shows, but I think iTunes is far more convenient).

Sony is certainly still interested in the PSP, and Resistance Retribution looks great (and Locoroco 2 and Patapon 2 are coming), and it already has a great selection of games so in your position I would certainly go for a PSP

Around the Network

The 360 is a total waste of money if your PC is suitable for modern gaming. I'd have to recommend the PSP due to its superior reliability, lower price and exclusive games. What types of games do you like anyway?

A PSP. A handheld seems to be the smarter pick of the two, as you already have a PC and an HD console, making most of the games available to you.

psp or 360? how about this...neither, use that money to by games as you seem to have plenty of systems already.

get a PSP it is of a relieble brand.....

Gazz said:

-Shooters are meant for the "intuitive" control of PC or Wii, don't even bother mentioning them as a pro

I loled. But the way it sounds you should get a PSP.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.