By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kurayami from Suda 51 = vaporware?

So I've been trolling on the net and bump into a 2 year old article detailing a Suda 51 PS3 game called Kurayami, having finally gotten my hand recently on No More Heroes i was instantly interested in anything Suda 51, much to my dissapointment I found that there is no more infomation about this game anywhere.

Is this game a vaporware? Or is Suda still working on it? Anyone with some knowledge they can sure would be great

Around the Network

played NHM and was not interested at all. Frankly Suda 51 dev's games are just not my style of games.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
played NHM and was not interested at all. Frankly Suda 51 dev's games are just not my style of games.

NMH was a wasted opportunity. It would have been so cool with real blood spilling effects and all that on the PS3. I know how you feel. :(

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

never heard of the game but i googled minutes ago
it was announced in 2006 for the ps3, if the development is still going i think it would come for both 360 and ps3
sorry couldn't help ^^

here is a link , old news though:
http://ps3.qj.net/category/Kurayami/cid/1531

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:
kingofwale said:

NMH was a wasted opportunity. It would have been so cool with real blood spilling effects and all that on the PS3. I know how you feel. :(

NMH is a great game. It would have ruined the whole atmosphere of the game if it was put on a HD console.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
SHMUPGurus said:
kingofwale said:

NMH is a great game. It would have ruined the whole atmosphere of the game if it was put on a HD console.

/sarcasm. ;)

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

The article stems from an interview from over two years ago. The gist of it is that Suda was trying to pitch the idea to publishers, but nothing was settled quite yet. Two years later, and we find Suda working on various other projects, so I think it's safe to say that the game was vaporware right out of the starting gate.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Well it was purposed game... I think it never made the chopping block.

damn :/ oh well thanks for the info guys