By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - YAKUZA 3, THE NEW SHENMUE III

yakuza 3 looks to be a spectacular game, i hope they release yakuza kenjan or what ever its called in na and eu

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

yea the animation seemed a lil awkward.. plus this isnt shen mue 3 until the soundtrack rocks..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

arsenicazure said:
yea the animation seemed a lil awkward.. plus this isnt shen mue 3 until the soundtrack rocks..

This is why more games should use mocap.  Mocapping makes the character animations more realistic.

"Lan Di just seems to bring out the beast in Ryo"

Actually, he is still a kid full of anger.

I think he will become a man at the end of his journey and probably forgive Lan Di ;)

( the reason of their anger is almost the same...)

duck said:

"Lan Di just seems to bring out the beast in Ryo"

Actually, he is still a kid full of anger.

I think he will become a man at the end of his journey and probably forgive Lan Di ;)

( the reason of their anger is almost the same...)

Even an adult wouldn't forgive someone who has killed their loved one.  Why would Ryo forgive the man that murdered his father?  Lan Di shouldn't be forgiven for what he has done to Ryo.  This is coming from someone who has never played Shenmue.

Around the Network

it looks good, but i would prefer shenmue 3 instead.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Even an adult wouldn't forgive someone who has killed their loved one. Why would Ryo forgive the man that murdered his father? Lan Di shouldn't be forgiven for what he has done to Ryo. This is coming from someone who has never played Shenmue.

A lot of people think that the reason of Lan di behaviour is a misunderstanding...

Maybe he is full of anger because he thinks Iwao did something unforgivable.

I am pretty sure Ryo will remember xiuying's point of view and finally will try to understand why Lan Di did this...

Until he discover this man was wrong but not basically a bad person...

Redemption is a concept very used in japanese culture or pop culture.

( I will use famous cliche anime : Look at piccolo > redemption, look at vegeta > redemption)

I think Lan Di is more interesting than simply a bad guy to kill... How could Xiuying be fascinated by that man ?

We can feel it in the cut scenes. He was good but the path of revenge change him completely.

That's what Xiuying is trying to explain... ( and probably Yu Suzuki too )

;)

ps : MAybe, LAN DI will change after fighting Ryo (defeat) and maybe they 'll fight together, the real bad guy....

who knows ?

Why is anyone even comparing Shenmue and Yakuza? It's point less. I am sure both series are atleast decent. They have similarities but they also have their differences.

duck said:

Even an adult wouldn't forgive someone who has killed their loved one. Why would Ryo forgive the man that murdered his father? Lan Di shouldn't be forgiven for what he has done to Ryo. This is coming from someone who has never played Shenmue.

A lot of people think that the reason of Lan di behaviour is a misunderstanding...

Maybe he is full of anger because he thinks Iwao did something unforgivable.

I am pretty sure Ryo will remember xiuying's point of view and finally will try to understand why Lan Di did this...

Until he discover this man was wrong but not basically a bad person...

Redemption is a concept very used in japanese culture or pop culture.

( I will use famous cliche anime : Look at piccolo > redemption, look at vegeta > redemption)

I think Lan Di is more interesting than simply a bad guy to kill... How could Xiuying be fascinated by that man ?

We can feel it in the cut scenes. He was good but the path of revenge change him completely.

That's what Xiuying is trying to explain... ( and probably Yu Suzuki too )

;)

ps : MAybe, LAN DI will change after fighting Ryo (defeat) and maybe they 'll fight together, the real bad guy....

who knows ?

Shenmue could end up with a Best of the Best style ending, In best of the best Tommy Lee's brother was killed by Dae Han And then at the end when its USA v Korea the final match is Tommy Lee v Dae Han........ Tommy lee shifts his foot to give out the impression that hes going to deliver a killer kick to Dae Han but in the end he lets the clock run out despute the fact that if he would have finished Han then USA would have won, At the medal ceremony at the end Dae Han Apologises to Tommy Lee for killing his brother and cliams it was an accident (And Tommy Lee forgives him)

Based on Ryo Hazuki been a genuinely good guy throughout shenmue then maybe there could be a plot twist and maybe just MAYBE he may forgive Lan Di (After beating him up pretty badly of course)

But then again Lan Di appeared to kill Ryo's father in cold blood (But he also seemed desperate to get the mirror so obviously threatened to kill Ryo unless Ryo's father told him where the mirror was)

We still don't know why Lan Di wanted the mirror so badly, At this moment in time he is the bad guy undoubtedly, But why did he want the mirror so badly? (Is his family been held to ransom?)

Either way, Master Yu Suzuki needs to finish off the Shenmue series for the fans and give this game the ending that it truly deserves...............

Yes, I was also thinking about best of the best... ;)

"But then again Lan Di appeared to kill Ryo's father in cold blood"

He also said : Get up, I 'll let you die like a warrior. (it's a great respect in chinese martial art)

Sorry, for my poor english...