By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many here will cry if McCain wins?

I would move to Asia.

Around the Network
ctk495 said:
My friend would go insane if MCain wins(he almost beat me up once for saying that he could win).I don't really care who wins since I'm not from the U.S.

Your friend sounds like a typical Obama supporter... they will fight to the death for your right to agree with them!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

ifpigsfly said:

I have designed my Christmas cards for this year. I have done a painting of Sarah Palin Aerial hunting. The inside of the card will read "When Pigs Fly" I am optimistic that people will stop drinking the "koolaid", and vote Obama. Hopefully by 2009, this undynamic GOP duo will soon be forgotten!

But ... yes... if McCain wins I would definately cry and then I would have a meltdown :(

http://www.cafepress.com/Ifpigsfly

I love it when Obama supporters throw that phrase around... as if to imply that anyone who disagrees with Barack Obama and his policies is really just a brainwashed, gun-clinging, bible thumping, racist wing-nut who couldn't possibly form their own opinion for themselves.  Maybe you should stop drinking your own brand of Kool-Aid instead before you accuse others of doing so with no factual basis whatsoever.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

And personally I wouldn't cry if Obama wins.. cuz it'll be a fun 4 years watching him and the Democrats go down in flames after they take control of the entire government... cuz you know, having one party in total control did so well for the 6 years under Bush, so why not have the most liberal Congress and president ever take a swing at it.. what could possibly go wrong?

And hey, if Obama becomes President, do you Obama supporters really think his first term will be a walk in the park? Will be REALLY interesting to see how the media handles an Obama administration... for example, will they constantly mock every little gaffe or mistake he and his administration makes like they have done for 8 years with Bush?

My magic 8-Ball is telling me all signs point to no.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:

dtewi said:
I wouldn't.

I would be very unhappy though. His views on Iraq of sticking it out and a 4 year troop removal process make him very low in my book.

You are also like 14

Around the Network
bigjon said:
Zucas said:
cwbys21 said:
I would rather have someone who had a little experience as governor than someone who had a little experience in congress.

Governor of what... Alaska. That worthless state in the Union. No offense to those that live there but that isn't expereience. I'm not saying Obama has an upperhand on experience but he does have more than Palin does. REally it should be Joe Biden going for president than Obama but unfortunately there are other things that stopped this.

Point being Palin has nothing to contribute whatsoever other than up tempo attitude. Otherwise she's not fit to do anything other than run the biggest empty lot in the world.

yea, and Obama has been the senator of IL.... he was there for 1 year before he announced his intention to run. The only thing that would make him better than Palin would be YOUR perception. Which has most likely been given to you by the media outlets. Because the only 2 times she was on unfiltured she was dynamic. Now, I do not believe she is ready to be Prez, but I don't think she thinks she is either... But... Obama does. To me that is scary. And yes I would be more likely to vote for Biden. Don't get me wrong, I love Palin as VP, VP is a very small position (especially if you take Bidens viewpoint), McCain will not die anytime soon, and give her a few years she might be ready. Not now of course.

You people sound just like Margret Thatchers opponents back in the day... irony?

Haha its cute that you think I like Obama but I'll let it slide.  I personally don't like Obama, McCain, or Palin.  Only one I could really like is Biden because out of all them he is the best candidate to actually run this country.  But given circumstances that won't happen.  Out of all of them, Palin is the least capable, and if you want to take the risk of that happening that's fine with me but you will end up being wrong about her because she can't handle it.  I don't evne need to make that an opinionated statement.  You best hope McCain is in good health or we are all in for a ride into hell.

Nothing wrong with a little confidence.  It's cockiness which is the problem.  I don't want a president saying hey I'm learning and soon I'll be good.  I won't one that'll say hey I can do the job and if I screw up I'll admit I was wrong.  That's what I want out of a president.  Someone who is real with people but confident at the same time.  Not someone who is unconfident and real.  Hell who knows if she's being real.  Never know with her.

Of course experience is a matter of opinion.  I think Aristotle would say that all 4 of these people are incapable of running the country... and hell he has to be a lot smarter than any of us.  Point being there is no one capable of running a country so what do you go off of?  Different for everyone but what I go off of is what they say they are going to do and how real they are with the issues.  I really do wish McCain would tell people that drilling on the continental shelf will not free us from foreign oil or lower gas prices but Obama has said that is the truth.  It's fact and not debateable.  That's what I want out of a politician.  Unfortunately I don't think we have that this time around or we'll ever have it so I got to go with the best bet right now in that.  That's why I hope Obama wins and I hope that he isn't as radical as he first came off to be.  But I'd rather take my chances with that than McCain coming in and screwing more with the Middle EAst and then dying and leaving that shit up to someone who can't discuss current events at a dinner table let alone foreign policy.

I would cry and probably get sick to my stomach if I had to endure 4 more years of Republicanism.

Think of it this way: the US is a center right nation. Do we really want an Obama-Pelosi-Reid triad forcing liberal legislation at us each month? God knows what good Pelosi's done --sarcasm ;)

halogamer1989 said:
Think of it this way: the US is a center right nation. Do we really want an Obama-Pelosi-Reid triad forcing liberal legislation at us each month? God knows what good Pelosi's done --sarcasm ;)

You're wasting your time if you're trying to convince people here that Obama is not our savior and that the Democrats aren't exacty competent or ethical and a better alternative to the last 6 years of Republicans in power.

You'd have an easier time convincing the sheep in "Animal Farm" that two-legs aren't really bad!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:

Cry? No. But I'd definitely get pissed off.

I drink your milkshake.