By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 bangs another million seller.

Well it its a few copies behind the million mark, but congratz to Star wars: force unleashed. Another million seller for the 360.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Around the Network

Great, i think it will become million seller for ps3 and Wii also.

The 360 BANGED another million seller? That's hardcore.

The 360 is way too pimp.

probably on ps2 also.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

wfz said:
The 360 BANGED another million seller? That's hardcore.

The 360 is way too pimp.

Lmao.  360 rollin on them millions!!!

Around the Network

Actually, Force unleashed will be a great way to see how legs compare for games. how long do people think it will be before Wii sales catch up with 360 sales?

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

This was expected. The 360 has a much more active userbase than than the PS3. This is why they are raking in 3rd party developers.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
This was expected. The 360 has a much more active userbase than than the PS3. This is why they are raking in 3rd party developers.

Maybe it's just my own perception and I'm not noticing the same games as you do, but from what I've seen, 360 just has more EARLY activity. First 5 weeks are usually incredibly huge, then they fall off the face of the planet.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Grey Acumen said:
Actually, Force unleashed will be a great way to see how legs compare for games. how long do people think it will be before Wii sales catch up with 360 sales?

The better question is that if/when the Wii sales catch up on a per-week basis, will the fight even be relevant? The X360 version has a 430,000 unit lead worldwide, and added another 37,000 onto it's lead vs. the Wii. If the Wii starts winning, how many months is going to take before it could regain the lead?

Having said that, the X360 version has shed 76% of it's first week gross compared to 64% of the Wii. That's not impressive for either - especially given the Wii's monumenally higher install base.

I'd say that the Wii version will trump the X360 version in 2 weeks by a small margin. But again, the better question is if it's going to matter....Kind of like the Madden race.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

@Grey Acumen, Agreed. GtaIV PS3 Legs >>>>>>>> GtaIV 360 legs. ie 360 users will buy crap, PS3 users word of mouth ;) lol jk