By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit just outsold Mario Kart Wii

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Worries about the balance board not having a big enough user base for future games that support it should be settled.

Imagine in Japan exist more Wii Fit than PS3

Around the Network

My balance board is just in my room gathering dust, not in the closet.

Y'know, Mario Kart Wii could go right back above Wii Fit in a week right? It's only 500-some-odd units.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I still haven't been able to buy one.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Does this come to any sort of surprise?

Wii Fit owns the world!

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
Y'know, Mario Kart Wii could go right back above Wii Fit in a week right? It's only 500-some-odd units.

You have to go back months to find a week when Mario Kart outsells Wii Fit.

Just saying.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
SaviorX said:

You have to go back months to find a week when Mario Kart outsells Wii Fit.

Just saying.

Exactly.

It's been ownage lately.

This week: Wii Fit 100K + (over MKWii)

2: Wii Fit + 120K

3:  Wii Fit +  70K

4:  Wii Fit + 60K

5.  Wii Fit + 50K

6.  Wii Fit + 30K

7. Wii Fit + 20K

8.  Wii Fit + 30K

9.  Wii Fit + 50K

10.  Wii Fit + 80K

11.  Wii Fit + 60K

12. Wii Fit + 11K

13.  Wii Fit + 110K (Whoa, MKWii was at 111.111 units :D)

14.  Wii Fit + 135K

15. Wii Fit + 60K

16. Mario Kart Wii + 40K

So you have to go back almost 4 months, before MKWii wins. Back untill mid June.

And Btw, Nuttyboy made a thread about this, but Montana locked it. Anyway, he had a fairly nice OP, so I'll post it here.

"Indeed. With an astoundishing lead of over 500 units, Wii Fit is now the best selling game this gen, beating Mario Kart Wii.

According to VGChartz and other data, Mario Kart Wii held the record for the shortest any title has ever done, after the initial 10 weeks of the generation.

This does of course not count the title Wii Play, which is a good 6 and a half million ahead of any other standalone title.

What should be noted, is that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the currently best selling single-platform console game, did not once beat 100K of sales after it's first 17 weeks. And remember, this title was one of the best legged ones in the 6th generation of videogames.

Wii Fit, is now on a 25 weeks row of selling over 100.000 units, and fellas, it's going to be a lot more.

The title has also achieved selling more in the weeks 20-100, than any 6th gen game ever did. And remember, it's only been out for 25 of those 80 weeks.

So it's looking bright for the title, and by the end of the year, the question is no longer if it will have sold 10 million titles, but 12.

And as if this wasn't enough, Wii Fit has achieved even more. It is the fastest revenuing game ever, or at least in the last 3 generations (5th, 6th and 7th generation of Videogames). Since the European launch, the game has revenued somewhere around 800 million dollars. That's somewhere around

35 million dollars a week.

5 million dollars a day.

208 thousand dollars an hour.

3500 dollars a minute

60 dollars a second."

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I'm actually glad to see wii-fit doing so well. My grandparents picked up a wii just for wii-fit (and a few other wii games, they appear to enjoy deco-sports). Since picking it up my grandmother's health has improved considerably and she appears to be in better shape than spending half of her budget on not being able to go to the gym but still having a membership card.

When it comes to sales, I blame word of mouth The wii has now become dinner-side conversation. Its frightening to hear family members who never talk about gaming suddenly going' at it.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

I am glad that both Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit are both selling an extraordinary amount. Anything that gives Nintendo more money to make games I'm cool with. With all this money that they are making they could stand to take a chance with some new IPs. *gasp

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

This is a sad day for core gaming, but a great day for Nintendo.