By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If it weren't for Wii, I wouldn't own a console this gen.

I never understood why the hell people buy a PS360 to play a nerfed version of COD4 or UT3. Why people play racing games with a controller instead of playing them with a racing wheel on the PC ...

Maybe they do because they do not have the money for a high end PC ... this is the only explanation I found so far.

Around the Network
FaithRaven said:
I never understood why the hell people buy a PS360 to play a nerfed version of COD4 or UT3. Why people play racing games with a controller instead of playing them with a racing wheel on the PC ...

Maybe they do because they do not have the money for a high end PC ... this is the only explanation I found so far.

Well a big allure of consoles is the local area gaming, COD4 Is awesome and I love it on my PC but if I wanna play with friends at my house they would all need a computer themselves that are least decently gaming implied. I won't ever buy a game released on consoles if it's on the PC. I will be getting left 4 dead on steam as it's just outright superior.

Really it's the games, most console specific games are well.....console specific. I mean you aren't gonna get most ps3 and a few 360 games on PC, And some people don't wanna wait to play GeoW/halo3/Geow2 a year later.

Can love bloom on the battlefield?                 Proud supporter of this gen!!!

FaithRaven said:

Some people like to game on a couch and a TV, rather than a computer chair and a monitor.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

I think i am one off the guys frybread talked about...i have grown up with pc (and only pc gaming except from ds) and never owed another stationary consolll. If i hadn't bought wii i hadn't bought any console. In my opinion PRG's, Adventures, FPS gamas and so on is better on pc and i am much more familiar with playing games with mouse/keyboard than playing them with the hard to remember what keys ps/xbox controllers. Bought wii becouse yea...looked funny to play, i was totaly clear off that the motion was going to be much better than it was when i saw the videos but i dont really care about motion anymore. Wii sport, rayman and zelda (from first E3) looked funny and the price off the console was cheep enough to not think so much about it and more go out and buy it. Nowadays i have the wii for like play one hour but i will probably never buy a "hardcore" game to wii... or yea magaman 9 looks cool but not like big 20 hours games....i dont have time/energy/motivation for sitting down with a console in some hours and play a game. If you want to play a longer time the PC is better in my opinion because you can surf/playmusik/chat in the same time and pc have those great strategy games like civilization who you dont have to play in full screen. Atm its just one or 2 games on wii i really want, well many looks cool and intressting and are maybe going to pic up some games from ebay but not from stores. Guitar Hero is the reason why i want to keep my wii ...anyaway...i am one off those PC -> Wii gamers who want something different and really think i am not alone :)

im gettin a xbox 360 elite!!! YAY!

Around the Network

but jrpgs are normally not released on the pc, so.... :(

Much of the audience that the Wii has attracted so far is in fact tier-0 (existing dedicated customers) and especially tier-1 (soon-to-be non-customers). It sounds like the topic creator was in tier-1, and actually, I was headed that way myself. The late PS2 offerings disappointed me, many of my old favorites were seeming more and more unplayable, the prospect of high-definition gaming seemed kinda "meh", and I was getting pretty sick of gaming as it stood in general. There was talk with a friend of mine about us not upgrading at all to the next generation of systems, just sticking to PS2 and DS. The Wii changed that all around nicely, though.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Well everyone has their own preferences like I don't use my wii to play with friends or family I use it to play nintendo and 3rd party games.

I don't understand people who say they were losing interest in gaming until Wii came along.
It revoltionized the way we control games but the games themselves haven't changed much at all.

I guess the initial novelty is enough to respark some interest.

I never buy new consoles -- or should I say I did not buy one for about a quarter century (24 years to be exact). To give you an idea of how long that is, many of you were not alive when I bought my Intellivision in 1982. (I am not counting the Commodore 64 I bought in 1984 since I got that to be a computer though now it is basically a classic game-player).

Of course, I have virtually every system. Before I bought my Wii, I had a GC, PS2 and Xbox hooked up to my TV. And I had a Dreamcast, PS1, Saturn, N64, 3DO, SNES, and Genesis on easy access. But I bought all of them used (along with my other 20 systems) and most of the time, it was late or even after the product cycle.

So it is very different for me to have a new game system and if it was not for the Wii -- the White Box of Joy -- I would not have one.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV