By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What are Microsoft doing to Halo?

Halo was originally supposed to be an RTS, so it makes sense to back to that idea and Halo 3 Recon is an expansion.

Around the Network

Milking the Halo series? Wat?

Let's not forget Resistance on PSP...

And more here: http://ratchet.wikia.com/wiki/Ratchet_%26_Clank_wiki

It's just normal that they want to expand the series. They're not dumb enough to make lousy spin-offs and such, so don't worry about seeing a Halo Sports or something. It won't happen. >_>

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

The problem is the timing as another person stated, one that they didn't start milking the franchise back with xbox but now milking/releasing halo too much all at once on xbox 360. They should have spread it all out.

I wouldn't be surprised if they let you add your "avatar" in a halo game at some point.

WTF are you talking about? Milking it...HULLO...Final Fantasy...MGS...to name a few. Halo is a franchise, and they are looking to expand it from just first person shooter, so what's wrong with that? Halo Wars looks like it's an instant classic...and Recon is a expansion? Halo Chronicles in ??? so where is the dilusion of the brand...give it a rest, undercover troll.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

I am objecting to the fact that they are releasing an expansion and two games in the same year.

Also, @SHMUPGurus, those are from three different series and two different developers. I mean, I would have no objection if they were timing this right, but two new games and an expansion being released at the same time just seems over the top.

And these are all spin-offs. None of them feature Master Chief, without whom Halo is really nothing, making them truly entirely different games with the magical four letters added on.

So here we are: Halo without Bungie, without Master Chief, without run and gun action.

Two different spin offs to Halo in 2 different genres.

I guess Metal Gear kind of did this with Metal Gear Acid, but I found that pretty annoying too, especially since it was such a failure.

Note: I am partly annoyed because Sony has yet to announce anything important at TGS. Well, the main conference hasn't happened yet, so hopefully something will turn up to counter all of these "Microsoft has won TGS" arguments

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
I am objecting to the fact that they are releasing an expansion and two games in the same year.

Also, @SHMUPGurus, those are from three different series and two different developers. I mean, I would have no objection if they were timing this right, but two new games and an expansion being released at the same time just seems over the top.

And these are all spin-offs. None of them feature Master Chief, without whom Halo is really nothing, making them truly entirely different games with the magical four letters added on.

So here we are: Halo without Bungie, without Master Chief, without run and gun action.

Two different spin offs to Halo in 2 different genres.

I guess Metal Gear kind of did this with Metal Gear Acid, but I found that pretty annoying too, especially since it was such a failure.

Note: I am partly annoyed because Sony has yet to announce anything important at TGS. Well, the main conference hasn't happened yet, so hopefully something will turn up to counter all of these "Microsoft has won TGS" arguments

What do you mean at the same time? You mean this generation? The expansion isn't coming 'till next year, and Halo Wars is coming this Holiday season. That makes 1 Halo game a year, what's wrong with that? And what's with Bungie not making Halo Chronicles and Halo Wars? Take Nintendo for example: Intelligent Systems made the Paper Mario series. Nintendo EAD 4 (Miyamoto's team) make the ''real'' Mario games. AlphaDream make the Mario & Luigi games, etc. It's called ''spreading the franchise.'' Still nothing wrong with that.

And about the different genres and different characters, as far as I know, Resistance: Retribution is a 3rd person shooter with another main character, and Resistance on PS3 is a first person shooter with Nathan Hale. Difference much? And what about Killzone: Liberation? A tactical 3rd person action game with no relation to the main story whatsoever (just assuming here since I haven't played the game, but it's kind of obvious)? Don't play that card man.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Microsoft is not doing something radical, they are simply expanding the Haloverse.

I wouldn't even call it milking the franchise. Halo 3 Recon s just an expansion bungie is making for Halo 3. Halo Wars is a rts and was built from scratch for the X360 by one of the best rts developers Ensemble Studios. Halo Chronicles we don't know much about other than Director Peter Jackson is working on the project.
So I wouldn't say they are milking the franchise because Microsoft is not just throwing any bullshit out there with the Halo name on it, they are taking their time to bring a different perspective to the franchise.

NOT MILKING THE FRANCHISE, JUST IMPROVING IT!!!

Milking it.

Anything with the name Halo on it will sell. And I mean sell. Didn't that Halo book sell out on Amazon?

MS will be milking it because the sheeple/fanboys will buy it. They know it will sell, and probably the games will have subpar quality due to knowing it will sell and therefore not putting effort into the game. MS will probably pay off some previewers to make it sound good and reviewers as well to make people buy it. Just part of the Halo sale plan.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Milking it.

Anything with the name Halo on it will sell. And I mean sell. Didn't that Halo book sell out on Amazon?

MS will be milking it because the sheeple/fanboys will buy it. They know it will sell, and probably the games will have subpar quality due to knowing it will sell and therefore not putting effort into the game. MS will probably pay off some previewers to make it sound good and reviewers as well to make people buy it. Just part of the Halo sale plan.

Were all sheeple sir. You follow your own pack of conspiracy theorists without fail. Did you even write this or was it lifted from some Anti-Halo blog?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.