By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What are Microsoft doing to Halo?

Despite the fact I own neither an Xbox nor a 360, I love the Halo series. I've played the games several times and think they are some of the best examples of FPS currently available.

There have been three games: Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and Halo 3. While some were better than others, they were all excellent.

But what the hell is Microsoft doing? Halo Wars? Halo Chronicles? Halo 3: Recon? Halo Tennis? Halo at the Olympic Games? Halo Party?

You get the idea. This attempt to squeeze everything they can out of the Halo franchise is making them look desperate. "Look, Sony has 10 new series and sequels to PS2 games! Let's counter that with 3 new HALOs!"

And on top of that, Bungie is not making any of them. I mean what the hell.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

milking the franchise as much as possible.

Well Halo Wars is a RTS done by one of the best dev teams at making RTS's
Halo Chronicals is suppose to be a story game done by one of the best directors. And Halo 3 : Recon is an expansion to one of the best games ever made by Bungie.

So atleast they have the talent where it belongs

They are doing what SEGA, Sony, Nintendo and most major publishers do.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

It's called milking. The only surprise is that they waited so long.

Although in fairness, I believe the three games are from different genres, so the chances of overload are lower than they'd be otherwise. Also, Bungie is working on one of the three.

Around the Network
Kantor said:

Despite the fact I own neither an Xbox nor a 360, I love the Halo series. I've played the games several times and think they are some of the best examples of FPS currently available.

There have been three games: Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and Halo 3. While some were better than others, they were all excellent.

But what the hell is Microsoft doing? Halo Wars? Halo Chronicles? Halo 3: Recon? Halo Tennis? Halo at the Olympic Games? Halo Party?

You get the idea. This attempt to squeeze everything they can out of the Halo franchise is making them look desperate. "Look, Sony has 10 new series and sequels to PS2 games! Let's counter that with 3 new HALOs!"

And on top of that, Bungie is not making any of them. I mean what the hell.

They are making Halo 3: Recon

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Halo Golf will be huge!

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Personally I am waiting for Halo vs Street Fighter myself.

they are making money out of it.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Halo Sports: racing in Warthogs... boxing with masterchief.. golfing with Cortana.. tennis with the Flood and don't forget Bowling with the covenant.. but I heard the racing in Warthogs will be taken out to become a full game called Halo Kart....

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)