By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Has the momentum shifted?

Zucas said:
makingmusic476 said:
sam12 said:
Zucas said:

No. I mean this is what MS can do when they pull out all of their guns and what Sony has done when half their guns are pulled out. Point taken.

Sony has no guns left

Lol?

Yea I think he failed pretty hard haha.

@darth:  :'(

Around the Network

@MakingMusic LOLOLOL

if we look at the numbers properly we should all realise that where the numbers have really changed is america they have stayed high for a while now. europe had a boost but now its going back to low levels again and so is japan after the price cut and infinite undiscovery. we all knew the 360 would do best in america but still you need europe and japan if yoir going to beat ps3.

makingmusic476 said:
Zucas said:
makingmusic476 said:
sam12 said:
Zucas said:

No. I mean this is what MS can do when they pull out all of their guns and what Sony has done when half their guns are pulled out. Point taken.

Sony has no guns left

Lol?

Yea I think he failed pretty hard haha.

@darth: :'(

That's an awesome gif.

How does tekken 6 shift momentum when its not out yet? Its true that PS3 might need more JRPG, but right now, Japan's sales for both console is quite low, and sales for JRPG in NA and Others is quite poor if you ask me. Right now its true that the 360 has the upper hand, but I still think Sony will pull ahead in the christmas season and into 09.

Around the Network
Tuanniez said:
but I still think Sony will pull ahead in the christmas season and into 09.

None of the current data supports this notion... ie sales, price point, economy, etc.

Ender said:
Tuanniez said:
but I still think Sony will pull ahead in the christmas season and into 09.

None of the current data supports this notion... ie sales, price point, economy, etc.

he means it will start outselling the 360 on a weekly basis again, not that it will suddenly sell 5.5 million more consoels than the 360...

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Meh, it hasn't even been a full Quarter yet.....

4 ≈ One

The momentum shifted in 2005. You think anyone would've predicted PS3 lagging in last at the start of this gen??

If you mean again, yes, it has shifted again from what little momentum Sony had earlier this year.

the2bears said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
the2bears said:

Ail said:

...and 90% of the population still links Blu-Ray to the PS3...

That is just not true. A few people might consider the PS3 as their Blu-Ray player of choice (or good value as it does more than just Blu-Ray), but none of them "link" the two brands together. My goodness, you just suggested a movie would be a system mover?

I actually agree with Ail in this instance. PS3 and Blu-Ray are still linked in a lot of people's eyes, including mine. I'm thinking of getting a PS3 once again just for Blu-Ray. LBP, tbh, doesn't interest me, but I'd love to see Iron Man in 1080p, lol.

For game players yes.  If I was getting a Blu-Ray player I'd get a PS3.  But we're still nowhere near 90% of the population.

To be honest, I've never heard of anyone buying a Blu-Ray player that wasn't the PS3, lol.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.