By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Has the momentum shifted?

i think it has shifted yes. i was expecting sony to reclaim momentum with awesome tgs announcemtns but that doesnt seem to have happened

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@ultimate_123

after FF13 went it was obvious anything could go multiplat.

so really thats why you didn't see forumn meltdowns n Namco Bandai boycotts....everyone was prepared.
as for securing games

SONY has started 2 great new IP's this gen..Resistance & Motorstorm for which I am happy. & LBP will be the third

we Have WKC coming next year & we have GOTY 08 MGS4.

SCEE, SCEA have done LOADS.....SCEJ have done NOTHING

Isn't that because they want MS to succeed in Japan!?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

ZenfoldorVGI said:
the2bears said:

Ail said:

...and 90% of the population still links Blu-Ray to the PS3...

That is just not true. A few people might consider the PS3 as their Blu-Ray player of choice (or good value as it does more than just Blu-Ray), but none of them "link" the two brands together. My goodness, you just suggested a movie would be a system mover?

I actually agree with Ail in this instance. PS3 and Blu-Ray are still linked in a lot of people's eyes, including mine. I'm thinking of getting a PS3 once again just for Blu-Ray. LBP, tbh, doesn't interest me, but I'd love to see Iron Man in 1080p, lol.

For game players yes.  If I was getting a Blu-Ray player I'd get a PS3.  But we're still nowhere near 90% of the population.

the2bears - the indie shmup blog

No.  I mean this is what MS can do when they pull out all of their guns and what Sony has done when half their guns are pulled out.  Point taken.

Zucas said:

No.  I mean this is what MS can do when they pull out all of their guns and what Sony has done when half their guns are pulled out.  Point taken.

Sony has no guns left

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@ultimate_123

so really thats why you didn't see forumn meltdowns n Namco Bandai boycotts....everyone was prepared.
as for securing games

SONY has started 2 great new IP's this gen..Resistance & Motorstorm for which I am happy. & LBP will be the third

No love for Uncharted?

>=(

sam12 said:
Zucas said:

Sony has no guns left

Lol?

But the thing is considering the brand name. The Sony brandname IMO was still big even at $600. The name playstation is a very big thing but next gen this might all change.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

makingmusic476 said:
sam12 said:
Zucas said:

No. I mean this is what MS can do when they pull out all of their guns and what Sony has done when half their guns are pulled out. Point taken.

Sony has no guns left

Lol?

Yea I think he failed pretty hard haha.

makingmusic476 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@ultimate_123

as for securing games

No love for Uncharted?

>=(

sorry I always forget uncharted...dunno why but the game never got to me....:(

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey