By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DOWNGRADE ON Final Fantasy XIII- TO fit DVD media

SHMUPGurus said:
dbot said:
The only game that I have heard that will cut content to fit on fewer dvds is Rage and I think it only impacts the 360 version. The question is how many dvds will Final Fantasy ship with? My guess is 4.

I know you didn't intentionally say that for the worse, but who cares? I'm sure your favorite RPG is on the PS, and guess what? They usually had more than 3 disks.

With that said, it will make FF XIII look more epic in any case! xD

I have never played an RPG, but my favorite would probably be on the PSx or Wii.  I don't know if anyone cares, but in reality is a person playing the game on the 360 should want more dvds not fewer.  Fewer dvds would mean the 360 owner is getting less quanity/quality content.  The developer has 6 gigs available to them on a 360 dvd.  I estimated that Final Fantasy will require 20 + gigs of compressed  360 content so it will require 4 dvds. 

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

The more discs the better I say... atleast you won't get surprised that the game is suddenly over, well atleast until the last disc.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I do wish people would stop making the title of a thread a statement, when they are asking a question or spreading rumors.

And because it was requested:

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Need new fail gifs in order to represent this topic.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

A question mark in your title would have saved you alot of embarassment.

Seeing as how S-E themselves said the wouldn't need to alter the PS3 version for the 360, and the 360 version would not start development until AFTER the PS3 Japanese language version was completed, I doubt it'd be downgraded.

The worst case scenario is:
360 version will be downgraded from the PS3 version.

Unlikely seeing as how there would be alot of backlash from that, and really no reason to.

Most likely scenario:
It'll appear on multiple discs on the 360 (which is not a huge issue).

Around the Network

lol more of the fail gifs plz.

Million said:
lol more of the fail gifs plz.

I heard that the 360 version will be in 2D.

F.U. Fun University.

Incorrect.

Let's see. Misleading thread title. No links. Question answered. Ove 10 fail pics. Yup I'd say this topic is about ready to be closed.

Thread locked.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.