By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dead Rising Wii is a terrible, terrible idea (Final Build)

Some games work best on the Wii, some games work best on an HD console...

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

BTW, the reason I know this is not shovelware is that implies doing the easiest possible thing.

The easiest thing would be to just convert the 360 game code to work on the Wii, as that means nothing else has to be remade.

The game would have ran horribly, but that would have taken far less effort than what they are doing (even if what they are doing may not be nearly enough).

EDIT: That is why Ninjabread Man is shovelware. All they did was slap the game assets onto the Wii, since that game didn't even push the PS2, and map the controls to the Wiimote.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

konnichiwa said:
Dallinor said:
We'll see when sales figures come in how "terrible" the idea was.

Anyway they are always gonna spin the sales figures.

If it sells bad => Yeah 3d Party don't sell on the Wii
It it sells good => Yeah crap sells well on the Wii;..

LMAO.

Well you can't blame them seeing as how that's pretty much the situation right now.

Top 20 selling games on the Wii, only 6 hasn't come from Nintendo and of that 6 we have:

M&S at the olympics

Guitar Hero 3

Carnival Games

RE4

Lego Star Wars

Sonic: Secret Rings

Of the 6 games here, only 1 I'd consider a solely core title, 2 that can be played by both groups, 1 specifically catered to the casual (but I enjoyed playing it I must admit) and 2 shovelware.

I'd say had Nintendo made/published more games these last 2 years that were either instant classics or casual games, as opposed to middle ground games (excite truck), that Top 20 would probably be 18 Nintendo to 2 third party

hmm i think this game is going to suprise people.

This is definitely going to be a wait and see game for me. There is no way that there will only be 6 zombies on screen at once, since we have already seen screen shots with many times that amount.

It seems like we are going to have to wait for people to actually play the whole game before we can really know how close this game is going to come to the original.

At this point though, my hopes are pretty low.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
This is definitely going to be a wait and see game for me. There is no way that there will only be 6 zombies on screen at once, since we have already seen screen shots with many times that amount.

It seems like we are going to have to wait for people to actually play the whole game before we can really know how close this game is going to come to the original.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

LordTheNightKnight said:
theRepublic said:

I know how you feel.

I mean, there has to be a decent amount of zombies, right?  Maybe?  Please?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
theRepublic said:

I know how you feel.

I mean, there has to be a decent amount of zombies, right?  Maybe?  Please?

So far, just the development team knows that, but I am sure they will likely get rid of any floating glitches.

I really want Dead Rising, so this is really disappointing (though not entirely unexpected). :(

Why couldn't they have ported this to the ps3 instead of Lost Planet? :(

Honestly, the whole Lost Planet deal was just stupid. It would've taken just as much time to port DR as it did LP, but they went with the one that would result in FAR less sales.

makingmusic476 said:
I really want Dead Rising, so this is really disappointing (though not entirely unexpected). :(

Why couldn't they have ported this to the ps3 instead of Lost Planet? :(

Honestly, the whole Lost Planet deal was just stupid. It would've taken just as much time to port DR as it did LP, but they went with the one that would result in FAR less sales.

Well who's to say that if this sells even moderately well, that Lost Planet wouldn't follow?