By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dead Rising Wii is a terrible, terrible idea (Final Build)

twesterm said:
yushire said:

With the announcements and hands ons so far from numerous websites and mags, you should know now that Dead Rising for the Wii isnt meant to be like the original but instead a clone of RE4. Its even on the trailer...

The RE4 point in that video was meant to say it has the same controls as RE4, not a clone of the gameplay.  They are completely different games and I would be even more disgusted with the game is they tried to clone the gameplay.

Too bad it isnt, they even use the shoulder head view instead of 3rd person top view lets just admit it, this game will be similar like RE4 but if it isnt and there are more zombies than we've seen so far then lets be glad, but if it isnt then Im expecting this anyway Im not disappointed about it at all...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
bardicverse said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Did you read it? He said "And the graphics, in the game's defence, look pretty good, especially the cutscenes."

I don't particularly care for the graphics here, but that's not my problem. My problem is the number of enemies onscreen at once. That also COULD be improved in the next 6 months, but I doubt it.

The guy SAID "no, aside from a few minor bug fixes, this was the same build, because the game was nearly done." They're not going to suddenly add a ton more zombies.

That doesn't mean anything coming from a person in the media. Media types are designed to twist words, cherrypick ideas. The game releases in February 09, that gives them 3 more months of tweaking and improvements, and a month+ of beta testing before the game goes gold. Anything can happen. C'mon Ben, I'm sure you know this already. I'd expect you to know how the dev process functions.

And I'd argue I do.

I'm sure some graphical bells and whistles can be added on to a game 6 months before it comes out. Look at Left 4 Dead 6 months ago compared to today...there are MAJOR differences...it looks a lot better.

There's a difference between optimizing graphics and being able to add even a dozen more zombies though. This RE4 engine clearly isn't capable of holding a hundred zombies in one area, coupled with the Wii's weaker hardware, I just don't see this improving much. I'm not saying it's impossible...the Wii is capable with the right developers and the right tools...

I guess another bad sign is Capcom is not telling us it might improve...they're pretty much telling us this is it.

Yeah L4D looks solid. Gonna be running it on my boot camp when it comes out

Fair enough, I can agree that you can't squeeze water from a rock, and whatever the processing limits are is what you're going to get. My argument is that people are crucifying the game 6 months before it hits the shelves. It's too early to stone the game to death. I see a ray of hope for this game. People who are expecting an exact replica of the XB360 version are just delusional, but I think this game will have merit in the end.

Nobody ever say something again about porting HD games down to the Wii.

I've always seen "Sure the graphics will be worse, but the gameplay will be the same or similar"

Nope.

BMaker11 said:
Nobody ever say something again about porting HD games down to the Wii.

I've always seen "Sure the graphics will be worse, but the gameplay will be the same or similar"

Nope.

And who says the gameplay will be similar? Its a remake, not a port, big difference...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

mrstickball said:
Arkk said:
I'll tell you how they could have made this game MUCH better... probably even better than the original........................................ If they can only put maybe 20 zombies on screen at once, they should have made them like the 28 Weeks Later zombies. Extremely fast and aggressive and hard to get away from. This would have upped the tension and suspense, and would have made for a great time trying to shoot at them if they dodged your bullets on the way in.

Instead, they have 20 zombies..... going seriously slow and just making it too damn easy. I haven't played the game yet, but in all honesty, it really doesn't bode well when a preview has this type of tone.

Ever play Dead Rising on the X360?

The whole gist of Dead Rising was that the game centered around American zombies, and the ideals that George A. Romero built with the Of The Dead series. Adding in 28wk later zombies is counter to what DR established.

I thought the Wii could do some amazing stuff? Even the Playstation 2 could do high numbers of enemies at once...But not a few lumbering zombies?

Hopefully, though, Capcom realizes they are giving a magnificent game a shoddy port. Wii fans don't deserved a half-baked version of an awesome game. That'd be like us X360 owners getting Super Mario Galaxy X360 with the quality of an Atari/Stainless XBLA game.

I sure did play the original. If you look in my collection you would see that I own the game. I played it and loved it to death.

But you can't tell me that you would rather Capcom come at us with 10 slow ass zombies because of technical limitations. I mean, would you really have them do what they are doing now rather than the situation that I spoke of? I would definitely rather have the latter, as they are already butchering an amazing game. At least make it interesting.

Just kiss the tip.

Around the Network

That sucks I hope next time capcom put more effort in their next wii game.

BenKenobi88 said:
bardicverse said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Did you read it? He said "And the graphics, in the game's defence, look pretty good, especially the cutscenes."

I don't particularly care for the graphics here, but that's not my problem. My problem is the number of enemies onscreen at once. That also COULD be improved in the next 6 months, but I doubt it.

The guy SAID "no, aside from a few minor bug fixes, this was the same build, because the game was nearly done." They're not going to suddenly add a ton more zombies.

That doesn't mean anything coming from a person in the media. Media types are designed to twist words, cherrypick ideas. The game releases in February 09, that gives them 3 more months of tweaking and improvements, and a month+ of beta testing before the game goes gold. Anything can happen. C'mon Ben, I'm sure you know this already. I'd expect you to know how the dev process functions.

And I'd argue I do.

I'm sure some graphical bells and whistles can be added on to a game 6 months before it comes out.  Look at Left 4 Dead 6 months ago compared to today...there are MAJOR differences...it looks a lot better.

There's a difference between optimizing graphics and being able to add even a dozen more zombies though.  This RE4 engine clearly isn't capable of holding a hundred zombies in one area, coupled with the Wii's weaker hardware, I just don't see this improving much.  I'm not saying it's impossible...the Wii is capable with the right developers and the right tools...

I guess another bad sign is Capcom is not telling us it might improve...they're pretty much telling us this is it.

This game is not about the hardware of the Wii, as so many people want to believe. It is all about Capcom making a cash-in game will minimal effort and very little budget. It's sad to see a developer put so much effort in to a game like Monster Hunter 3 and very little effort in Dead Rising. It really does not seem like capcom cares much for the Dead Rising IP.

Ouestion. When fanboys see a terribly developed game for the Wii why do they always assume that it's because of the Hardware and not the fault of the developer? Look at the PS3 for example. Was it the limitations of the PS3 hardware that caused the Port of Lost Planet to suffer? Did the hardware limitations of the PS3 cause the port of the Orange Box to suffer? Or in both cases was it the developer's fault? Let's not always assume that a badly developed game reflects on the hardware inside the system. Most often it's the developers lack of knowledge, lack of funding, laziness, or the game could simply be a cash-in.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

lol the sony fanboys just came and attacked the wii opposed to dead rising

might give this a rent!

^^^^ shhhh don't give it away! everyone else isn't supposed to know they're just mad that DR isn't coming to the PS3. ;)

11ht11 said:
lol the sony fanboys just came and attacked the wii opposed to dead rising

might give this a rent!

im an xbox fanboy and i attacked capcom for making a crappy point and hurting  a good game franchise that needs future installments .... i do know you listed sony fanboys, but hey this is capcoms fault, and the wiis, to a much lesser exstent 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog