By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The xbox360 is better than the ps3

I've got both but I'll let the this info speak for itself:

PS3: owned since October 2007. I own 3 retail games and no PSN games.
360: owned since August 2008. I own 5 retail games and 5 XBLA games.

So (as of now) I prefer the 360.

This will obviously change back and forth when I get more games for each system though.

Around the Network

Of course it is better than the PS3. Even so, that is not saying much. Almost every mainstream VG is better than the PS3 or the Xbox 360.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

i prefer my ps3 over my hdvd player!

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

everything is a matter of opinion. Maybe if Sony scrapped the PS2 and force everyone onto it's new gen system like Micro did mabe things would be different, but whose to say. who cares about the price when you have a job. whose cares about the other system when yours is working fine. who cares about Gears and Far Cry when i'm looking for Socom. as long as i can still play my PS1 and PS2 games and my blue-ray looks awsome on my SONY XBR, life is good for me. haters beware, because in the long run "it aint that serious".

This hand of mine is burning red. It's loud cry is telling me to grasp victory.....SEKIHA TENKYOKEN!!!

Skeeuk said:
i prefer my ps3 over my hdvd player!

Are you giving ioi a share from the revenue generated by the advertisement in your sig?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

Depends how you look at it. I judge it as an electrical device and find it wanting as its design was rushed and it feels cheaply constructed next to the PS3/Wii.

It has good games and specification - but its still a shoddy piece of design as is now painfully clear in the wake of the revelations regarding its rushed development and initial high failure rate.

I actually wish it had tanked after RROD (with a recall/re-release) as the message has now been sent (particularly in America) that gamers will tolerate sub-standard design in their desire to play games... not a message I agree with myself.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

i love my ps3 and xbox 360

good points about ps3;
controller seems better for fighting games and games that require more d-pad use
free online
compatible accessories headset, keyboard, mouse, harddrive usb and internal with almost any brand, cheap or expensive
mgs4
lbp
blu ray
ratchet and clank
wipeout
gt5p
the eye of judgement
in my case ps2 bc since its 60gb version
quiet
internet browser
wireless built in since i dont have to run a cable to it
blue tooth that pretty much comes in accessories
divx, mpeg, xvid player can play off internal, external hdd

good points about my xbox 360:
messenger
controller seems to feel better for fps games
plays music in the background of most games if not all, not 100% sure but it works
lost odyssey
gears of war
infinite undiscovery
halo3
forza 2
the chat pad accessory is amazing chatting on msn and playing games at the same time playing music

ive had my ps3 a lot longer than my xbox which ive owned about a week. i havent put down prices either because at the end of the day u get what u pay for in the machine itself. having games on the system u like is another matter so price should come second in priority when buying a console. since whats the point in buying a console if u dont like the games on it?

remember these are just my opinion

Owner of PS3, Wii, Xbox360, NDS, PSP - Feel Free to add me on PSN or XBL :)