By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - High chance ICO game will not show in TGS

kitler53 said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Spanx said:

A new Shadow of Colossus was EVERYTHING Sony needed to get me buying a PS3. I'm serious I'd buy the console just for that game. And then sell it. ut I would buy, no doubt about it...

We've already played shadow of the colossus... do you want ueda's team to become a factory iterating the same game all over?

you've got to admit though...shadow of the colossus would have been even better with the ps3s graphical advantage.  i haven't seen anything on the ps3 to force my hand to get one (wii/360 provides more games then i can play already) but shadow of the colossus 2 would probably do it for me.

Team ICO produces art, rather than churning out sequels. If they release "Shadow of the Colossus 2" I am goign to be extremely disappointed.

Around the Network

This is written in a blog, which is a complete stranger, Don't believe everything you see on the interwebz.

kitler53 said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Spanx said:

A new Shadow of Colossus was EVERYTHING Sony needed to get me buying a PS3. I'm serious I'd buy the console just for that game. And then sell it. ut I would buy, no doubt about it...

We've already played shadow of the colossus... do you want ueda's team to become a factory iterating the same game all over?

you've got to admit though...shadow of the colossus would have been even better with the ps3s graphical advantage.  i haven't seen anything on the ps3 to force my hand to get one (wii/360 provides more games then i can play already) but shadow of the colossus 2 would probably do it for me.

It is indeed true the game suffered from some technical issues and could have benefitted from more powerful hardware. Still, I'd rather have them working on something related (from a story point of view) but with substantially different gameplay.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
kitler53 said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Spanx said:

It is indeed true the game suffered from some technical issues and could have benefitted from more powerful hardware. Still, I'd rather have them working on something related (from a story point of view) but with substantially different gameplay.

fair enough - as long as it's not a shooter i'll be excited to see what they have to offer next.

kitler53 said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
kitler53 said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Spanx said:

fair enough - as long as it's not a shooter i'll be excited to see what they have to offer next.

In a surprising turn of events, SCEJ unveils Ueda's new game: Gears of the Colossus!

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
c0rd said:
blackstar said:
radha said:
i only hear bad new about sony, what is going on? are they working to make the gamers angry? i mean there seems to be few reasons to buy a ps3 when the 360 has the same games(ff13, tekken..) more jrpgs, more shooters. etc. and is only 200-300 bucks. and the ps3 exclusive are not that appealing( except for metal gear but thats one game..... bring up uncharted cus it only last 10 hours and hs 6 hours , what a joke).

now what is this???

really what is this???

Haha, I think it's a disappointed PS3 fan. Either way it isn't a Wii fan, so don't start there xP

@kitler53: They've only put out two games so far, both on the PS2.

2001 - Ico

2005 - Shadow of the Colossus

I haven't been able to play Ico yet, but I've got SotC and it's amazing.

yeah, shadow of the colossus was the one i was taking notice of.  wow, that game looks amazing.  i can see why ps3 fans would be excited to see what they're up to.

ICO doesn't come off as good in that short video but i'll take your guys' word on it being great.

Shadow of The Colossus was pretty mediocre in my opinion. Sure, the colossi were cool, but the complete lack of any other enemies was seriously unimpressive (unless you count tree lizards and apples)

Hopefully, this new game will have a lot more depth, because SoTC was a solid concept, just not very well executed. And there is no room for a sequel. At all.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

There are still 3 days of the even to come so i would be seriously surprised if Sony did not reveal something in the whole 4 days of TGS.

If not then i guess we will have to wait till the next game conference for some more information! :|

Kantor said:
kitler53 said:
c0rd said:
blackstar said:
radha said:
i only hear bad new about sony, what is going on? are they working to make the gamers angry? i mean there seems to be few reasons to buy a ps3 when the 360 has the same games(ff13, tekken..) more jrpgs, more shooters. etc. and is only 200-300 bucks. and the ps3 exclusive are not that appealing( except for metal gear but thats one game..... bring up uncharted cus it only last 10 hours and hs 6 hours , what a joke).

now what is this???

really what is this???

Haha, I think it's a disappointed PS3 fan. Either way it isn't a Wii fan, so don't start there xP

2001 - Ico

yeah, shadow of the colossus was the one i was taking notice of.  wow, that game looks amazing.  i can see why ps3 fans would be excited to see what they're up to.

ICO doesn't come off as good in that short video but i'll take your guys' word on it being great.

Shadow of The Colossus was pretty mediocre in my opinion. Sure, the colossi were cool, but the complete lack of any other enemies was seriously unimpressive (unless you count tree lizards and apples)

Hopefully, this new game will have a lot more depth, because SoTC was a solid concept, just not very well executed. And there is no room for a sequel. At all.

You have been blacklisted.

Kantor said:
kitler53 said:
c0rd said:
blackstar said:
radha said:

now what is this???

really what is this???

2001 - Ico

You suck.

radha said:

i only hear bad news from all the companies, atleast its always counter with good news. truely i see no reason to buy a 360 when the ps3 has the same games (ff13, tekken..) and a lovely list of first party games, throw in a nice blu-ray player and man the ps3 is ftw (note i do have a 360 but still just showing him the spin move). Uncharted was only 10 hours...well gears of war was only 10 hours, bet your not gonna call that game a joke? both were really good 10 hour games.

OT: if team ico was not at TGS i believe it was because they were not ready to show off what they have. they maybe wanted to wait and setup their own conference/announcement later in the year.